Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancocks in Paducah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-paducah-t67913.html)

pattis47 10-03-2010 12:20 PM

Be sure to pack you suitcase inside a larger one so you have enough room for the purchases you will take home.....lol

Originally Posted by Mimi Baby Yow
I will flying out to see my son soon in Tenn. Guess what airport I land in?? Paducah! How great is that. I think I will take transportation there and then go to my son's...what do you think???

kuntryquilter 10-04-2010 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
What is sad is that I live 45 minutes from Paducah and go there 4 or 5 times a year but I have never been in Hancock's. I have got to make a special trip one of these days and check them out,

You are kidding. If I lived that close to Hancock's I would be there at least once a week. I live in Tennessee and have been there 3 times. I am like the person that started this thread, the first time I went there I was just so over whelmed, I almost walked out with nothing. I love that store. :thumbup:

Carol J. 10-04-2010 04:41 AM

Hancocks in Paducah is THE place to shop for fabric. I have been to the show 7 times and my daughter 12 times and we never miss going to Hancocks. I don't think anyone could go in there and not find something they can use or want. During the show they have help everywhere, schools close and the teens work in it, as well as their mothers. The selection of fabric is well marked and available and reasonably priced. If you have never gone to the quilt show in Paducah, you don't know what you are missing. Try it, you'll like it and they have everything.

Carol J.

scrapykate 10-04-2010 04:43 AM

I went a couple of years ago as my sister lives in Kentucky and I talked her into driving over with me. Wow what a store. Arranged very nicely. Hit the bargin bin/cuts first and then the rest of the store. Thank goodness I had something in mind or it would have been sensory overload. Had a little shopping cart overflowing by the time I got to the cutting station. Haven't used all the fabric yet but hope to get back there soon as my stash is a bit lower.

cjomomma 10-04-2010 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter

Originally Posted by cjomomma
What is sad is that I live 45 minutes from Paducah and go there 4 or 5 times a year but I have never been in Hancock's. I have got to make a special trip one of these days and check them out,

You are kidding. If I lived that close to Hancock's I would be there at least once a week. I live in Tennessee and have been there 3 times. I am like the person that started this thread, the first time I went there I was just so over whelmed, I almost walked out with nothing. I love that store. :thumbup:

LOL! When your on a tight budget you stay way from places like that. :)

Grammashel 10-04-2010 04:45 AM

For many year we went to Paducah to the quilt show. At that time, Hancocks moves out much of their non-quilting fabric and brings in extra "good" stuff. We always hit there before we went to our motel. I drool just thinking about it.

teddysmom 10-04-2010 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
Hancocks in Paducah is THE place to shop for fabric. I have been to the show 7 times and my daughter 12 times and we never miss going to Hancocks. I don't think anyone could go in there and not find something they can use or want. During the show they have help everywhere, schools close and the teens work in it, as well as their mothers. The selection of fabric is well marked and available and reasonably priced. If you have never gone to the quilt show in Paducah, you don't know what you are missing. Try it, you'll like it and they have everything.

what are the dates for the qs?

Carol J.

Carol J. 10-04-2010 05:37 AM

The quilt show in Paducah is always in April, I don't have the dates for next year but if you can, go on the internet and type in American Quilt Show or AQS and you will get the information you want.

Pick up their magazine called American Quilter at your fabric store and you will see many more shows to go to.

Carol J.

MoMoSews 10-04-2010 06:30 AM

When on a vacation a few years ago my DH and I stayed in Paducah on our way home just so I could go to Hancocks. After about three hours of drooling and groping I chose some Moda fabrics from one line and a few patterns...oh and a fat quarter pack!! It was awesome just to get to actually see and feel some of the fabrics I had seen online. When I checked out, it was the owner and he asked me if I wanted their online newsletter. I asked him where the sale fabric was and he said most of the sale fabric is only offered online. So..definitely go to the store, but buy sale fabric online. :thumbup:

ccb2200 10-04-2010 06:39 AM

Last year for my Birthday my DH wanted to know what I wanted to do. We usually go out to eat and see a movie. That year I asked if we could go to Hancocks in Paducah. It was an all day trip but boy was it worth the trip. I was so over whelmed. I had never seen so much fabric in one place. And they have a really good selection of books also. I want to go back some day.