Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancocks of Paducah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-paducah-t89901.html)

NikkiLu 01-12-2011 06:48 PM

Yes, I have been to the store - my DD lives really close to it and we go to Hancocks of Paducah (not to be confused with Hancock Fabric). They have 10 ROWS OF BATIKS - plus blenders, wide backing batiks, etc. etc. - I have been told that "some" women actually cry when they first walk in the door!

PunkQuilter 01-12-2011 10:05 PM

10 r.rr....r.r..rows?

PunkQuilter 01-12-2011 10:07 PM

Raggiemom I am in the bustling metropolis of Champlain pop. 1,100-If you lived in Altona, I know you know where I am..leaning on my snow shovel. 90 seconds to Canada, 4 minutes to Vermont.

PunkQuilter 01-12-2011 10:13 PM

I have not bought anything yet for these simple yet somewhat complicated reasons.

1. I can't narrow it down. I am like a little kid with the toy catalog-I point and say 'I want that' turn the page and point and say 'I want that'.

2. Batiks-my Kryptonite.

3. When I get on the website to order I look at the hundreds and hundreds of clearance fabrics and want all them too.

4. I often get overwhelmed trying to priortize with supplies I 'need' things I need to finish and keeping in line with my budget which is not strict, but I still have to watch.

Simple-right?

grann of 6 01-13-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
I have not bought anything yet for these simple yet somewhat complicated reasons.

1. I can't narrow it down. I am like a little kid with the toy catalog-I point and say 'I want that' turn the page and point and say 'I want that'.

2. Batiks-my Kryptonite.

3. When I get on the website to order I look at the hundreds and hundreds of clearance fabrics and want all them too.

4. I often get overwhelmed trying to priortize with supplies I 'need' things I need to finish and keeping in line with my budget which is not strict, but I still have to watch.

Simple-right?

Well, I ordered $242 of stuff, that is after the 10% discount and free shipping. I was having a ball. I had filled out my order, typed in the source code and my final cost dropped below $200 so no free shipping, back shopping I went till I got above the $200 mark. They had so many batiks on sale, I wanted them all. Can't wait for them to come so I can plan my next projects. Oh, and I ordered some jelly rolls too. So now I really HAVE to be good for a while :roll: :cry:

NikkiLu 01-13-2011 06:33 AM

Here is a link to a picture of the inside of Hancocks of Paducah that I took the last time that I was there - visiting my DD. She gave me a gift card to Hancocks of Paducah for Christmas - so can hardly wait until this weather warms up so that we can go - 5 hours away from here. Oh, and to see DD and her DH too.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-52335-1.htm

gaigai 01-13-2011 11:49 AM

I've stopped ordering from them because I had so many problems. Three different orders, NO email confirmations, two of the orders were backordered or cancelled and no notification. So three strikes, I'm done. But I will use the catalog and order from other sellers.

grann of 6 01-13-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
I've stopped ordering from them because I had so many problems. Three different orders, NO email confirmations, two of the orders were backordered or cancelled and no notification. So three strikes, I'm done. But I will use the catalog and order from other sellers.

Very interesting. I got an e-mail this morning saying my order had been shipped and will arrive tomorrow. I ordered yesterday and everything I ordered was a sale item.

crochetetc 01-13-2011 12:36 PM

Batik lovers should check out www.fabricfanatics.com , they are local to me and have probably 1000+ bolts of batiks for 8.50 yard. They only carry batiks and they are high quality only.

jkwynn 01-13-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
Yes, I have been to the store - my DD lives really close to it and we go to Hancocks of Paducah (not to be confused with Hancock Fabric). They have 10 ROWS OF BATIKS - plus blenders, wide backing batiks, etc. etc. - I have been told that "some" women actually cry when they first walk in the door!

Thank you for clarifying that, b/c I was about to ask, lol. I have been to a Hancock Fabric store and was like, "what's the big deal?" Prefer Joann's to HF.

I see there are two different websites, too. Off to browse...