Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   hand quilter qnd hand piecing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hand-quilter-qnd-hand-piecing-t24638.html)

estherblair 08-25-2009 05:11 PM

I love both too, seems i've really done something when i finish one like that. although i piece on my machine some times. i cut a bun
ch of sguares for one of my friends to get her quilting last winter so cut myself some and made a pretty blended quilt( LIGHT<MED<DARK SQRS>) i would put enough sqrs in aplastic bag and carry it with me when at Dr. next thing i knew i had enough done , to make my quilt top. Really enjoyed it.Have fun :wink:

Ninnie 08-25-2009 05:21 PM

I love hand quilting, the most relaxing thing there is to do.
I feel at peace when I am sitting at my frame quilting.
I think I only piece the tops so I can have the pleasure of quilting them! :lol: :lol:

sewjoyce 08-25-2009 05:51 PM

I love hand quilting -- I think it's so relaxing and adds so much to a quilt!

Elsie 08-25-2009 06:30 PM

it is so nice to hear that others ejoy what you like to do

camillacamilla 08-25-2009 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JRSAY
Elsie.
At times I feel like the dinosaur with all my hand pieceing, hand quilting.
Travel across our state 250-300 miles every other weekend one way and my hand sttichen keeps me sane. Just finished 7 sisters Queen size, still have not figured out hoow to get hoop in front seat as H drives.
stitchfully

You may have to take your quilt and hoop and sit in the backseat. :mrgreen:

Elsie 08-25-2009 09:39 PM

has any one use aunt becky i do sometimes and it helps your finger not to get to many stabs on your finger under your quilt

Elsie 08-26-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by camillacamilla

Originally Posted by JRSAY
Elsie.
At times I feel like the dinosaur with all my hand pieceing, hand quilting.
Travel across our state 250-300 miles every other weekend one way and my hand sttichen keeps me sane. Just finished 7 sisters Queen size, still have not figured out hoow to get hoop in front seat as H drives.
stitchfully

You may have to take your quilt and hoop and sit in the backseat. :mrgreen:

and hope you don't hit pot holes :roll:

Ninnie 08-26-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Elsie
has any one use aunt becky i do sometimes and it helps your finger not to get to many stabs on your finger under your quilt

I've never tried this, but l have heard about it and seen it on television.
Is it hard to learn to use?
When I quilt a lot, I get callouses on 2 fingers on my left hand, always punching them
I have tried other things, but just seem to have to feel the needle. I cant control the stitches.

Shemjo 08-26-2009 09:21 AM

Hand quilting is very relaxing, and I usually do it in a group, so it is also fellowship! I do machine piece most of my quilts, but occassionally work on Cathedral Windows or Grandmothers Flower Garden or make Yo-Yos by hand. :lol:

sewjoyce 08-26-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Hand quilting is very relaxing, and I usually do it in a group, so it is also fellowship! I do machine piece most of my quilts, but occassionally work on Cathedral Windows or Grandmothers Flower Garden or make Yo-Yos by hand. :lol:

Oh gosh, I LOVE to make Yo-Yos -- but what the heck do you do with them when you're done???????????????????