Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-blades-t61091.html)

quiltingmimipj 09-09-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnmom
I am an uneducated newbie. I saw the thread about the Harbor Freight blades a week or 2 ago and at that point had not had to buy blades. I was at our local fabric store Tuesday for thread (since there is no fabric dept at Walmart there is nowhere else in town to buy supplies) I also needed blades and thought, how much could they really be. I was talking to the machine technician instead of paying attention to what I was doing. I handed the clerk a pack of 5 blades for the 45mm cutter. I was in shock as my mouth dropped and I hesitantly handed over my debit card. When I got out of the store I looked at the receipt, $35 and change for a pack of 5 blades -- YIKES!!

That is way out of line. Not on sale, they shouldn't be more than $24.99.

Have you opened them? If not, I would return them.

quiltnmom 09-09-2010 05:53 PM

No, as a matter of fact I haven't opened them. I may just take them back. However, since there are only 2 shops in town, the couple that owns the shop may take it as a personal offense that I think their blades are too high. Then on the other hand, my husband did just buy me a Bernina sewing machine from them a week ago this past Saturday. They didn't bother to say anything about Sept being National Sewing Month and the machines would be on sale in a week! We had been in an out of there for about a month looking. I was not happy when I was in there Tues and all the machines were on sale.

wildyard 09-09-2010 07:10 PM

quiltnmom, I would not be concerned about whether they took personal offence. They are in a business and should be fair and straight with their customers. The fact that they didn't tell you about the sale coming up in 1 week, I myself would take as a personal affront.
First I would show my receipt and ask for the sale price since I only bought it a week ago. If they agreed, I would return the blades, explaining that you were distracted and didn't realize the price till you got home. If they refused, I would return the machine and the blades.
Then I would come back into the store and buy the machine on sale.
Hugs and smiles, Linda aka wildyard

quiltingmimipj 09-10-2010 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
quiltnmom, I would not be concerned about whether they took personal offence. They are in a business and should be fair and straight with their customers. The fact that they didn't tell you about the sale coming up in 1 week, I myself would take as a personal affront.
First I would show my receipt and ask for the sale price since I only bought it a week ago. If they agreed, I would return the blades, explaining that you were distracted and didn't realize the price till you got home. If they refused, I would return the machine and the blades.

I think this is good advice. Sometimes, we have to be our own advocate.

BettyB 09-10-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard

Very well put---I totally agree with you

skjquiltnut 10-02-2010 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I just hope our run on these babies don't make them decided they are their next gold mine and raise the price! :D

Wondering which rotary cutters do these blades fit?

wildyard 10-03-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I just hope our run on these babies don't make them decided they are their next gold mine and raise the price! :D

Wondering which rotary cutters do these blades fit?

most of the 45mm cutters, if you search the original thread, you will see all the ones it fits. I believe there is only 1 that it didn't. Sorry I can't tell you which it was.