Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight cutting blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-cutting-blades-t241498.html)

JAK 02-19-2014 08:20 AM

Harbor Freight cutting blades

I have been seeing on here for years now how people love the Harbor Freight replacement blades for their 45mm rotary cutters. We recently had a Harbor Freight open close to me and I was so excited. Since they were only $1.99 for a package of 2 I bought 2 packages. They are the most horrible blades I have ever used. They have "dead spots" in them so you can't make one cut and have to go over a second time to get the remaining fabric. It is not a clean cut it is somewhat jagged. The second unopened package is going back. I will wait until I either have a coupon or they go on sale at Joanne and buy them there.

mic-pa 02-19-2014 08:29 AM

I totally agree, I tried them and thats what happened to me.

Pat M. 02-19-2014 08:37 AM

Every Harbor Freight carpet blade I have bought works and I cut ALOT! Sometimes you get a bad blade so take the package back and exchange them for another package. It could also be your mat you are cutting on. Sometimes the blades stick together and you think you are using 1 blade, but there are 2 stuck together. This is what I have found out by using them.

frustratedquilter40 02-19-2014 08:48 AM

I had the same experience with there carpet blades as you I bought 3 packages and tried the blades in 2 packs and every single one was as you said. I use them now to cut paper only. I am with you I will pay more but I use the 50% coupon at JoAnns and I buy the large package of the Olfa brand blades.

dunster 02-19-2014 08:51 AM

Harbor Freight will exchange the product or refund your money. I have had excellent results with all the blades I purchased from them and intend to get more from HF when I run out again.

RedGarnet222 02-19-2014 09:17 AM

My complaint is that they tear up my board. The blades are expensive, but so is my big cutting board.

Dina 02-19-2014 10:00 AM

I didn't have good luck with Harbor Freight blades and decided it wasn't worth the frustration of "will this blade work"....It seemed like such a good deal, too good to be true, at least for me. :)

Dina

Jim 02-19-2014 10:19 AM

I've never had a problem with them and at a buck a piece I can afford to toss one if bad..or take it back. Only time I did have a problem was putting two blades in at the same time until I realized why. I have used the blades for several years now without a problem and I cut tons of fabric.

carmen garcia 02-19-2014 12:27 PM

I also have never had a problem with them. I will continue to use them.

skeetersmom 02-19-2014 02:42 PM

Count me as one that didn't like the HF blades. Price was so tempting.......but the ones I got weren't doing a good job at anything except ruining my expensive cutting mat!