Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight Experience today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-experience-today-t61951.html)

deedum 08-28-2010 10:13 PM

I had to return a suction cup, defective and wouldn't hold,didn't have my receipt since I paid cash. So I return the scup and they said no problem. They replaced it and I did buy another extra one, and a telescopic magnetic wand! Oh my Gosh, do those ever work great. No more bending to reach pins under my table. Going to buy another one! I buy more there than my dh, last 4 times I have been in the store, I am the one buying and he waits on me!!!
Also, I got a raincheck on the blades, little do they know I have an online order in also!!! :lol: :D

OneMoreQuilt 08-28-2010 10:36 PM

Good to know. I'm going there later today (after some sleep!) to see if this store has the blades. Wish me luck!

Annaquilts 08-28-2010 11:50 PM

Oh my husband just went today to pick up cutters for the rotary blades. All the blades have been sold out for some time but there were still some cutters. He also picked up for around $7 a set of vacume cleaner attachments so you can use your own vacume cleaner to clean your sewing machine. They had them at a quilt show too but they were more then double the cost. I can seriously start liking this place and I have not yet tried the suction cup thingies yet.

quiltinghere 08-29-2010 04:19 AM

Don't ya just LOVE a store with a GREAT RETURN POLICY!

bearisgray 08-29-2010 04:22 AM

And where the man can have fun, too!

harvsstuff 08-29-2010 04:22 AM

:lol: They ordered blades for me and I paid the original price $1.49 even though the price had gone up. They are very nice accomadating people to deal with. My dH shops there all the time.

raptureready 08-29-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
And where the man can have fun, too!

I can see it on the news now:

MAN CAVE INVADED BY QUILTERS! TODAY HARBOR FRIEGHT TOOLS, TOMORROW IS ANYONE'S GUESS. Men, beware. Life as we know it is becoming extinct.

SuziC 08-29-2010 05:12 AM

My DH shops there too and always finds something for me to use in my sewing area. Last time he brought home clips to keep my rolled up quilt together for sewing. I love that store as much as the quilt shops. :lol:

BeSue 08-29-2010 09:15 AM

Sears has the magnetic wands also in the tools dept. I got mine from there they are great for a lot of things.

KwiltyKahy 08-29-2010 03:55 PM

It occurred to me today, after reading several posts about buying at HF, we quilters are getting ripped off. Last year my son went to HF (his favorite store) and came home with a set of tweezers, different lengths and styles. I believe there were 5 in the set and one was just like the one I bought for my serger. He paid less for the set than I did for the single. HF may just become my favorite store, too.