Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Harbor Freight Experience today!

I had to return a suction cup, defective and wouldn't hold,didn't have my receipt since I paid cash. So I return the scup and they said no problem. They replaced it and I did buy another extra one, and a telescopic magnetic wand! Oh my Gosh, do those ever work great. No more bending to reach pins under my table. Going to buy another one! I buy more there than my dh, last 4 times I have been in the store, I am the one buying and he waits on me!!!
    Also, I got a raincheck on the blades, little do they know I have an online order in also!!! :lol: :D

Good to know. I'm going there later today (after some sleep!) to see if this store has the blades. Wish me luck!

Oh my husband just went today to pick up cutters for the rotary blades. All the blades have been sold out for some time but there were still some cutters. He also picked up for around $7 a set of vacume cleaner attachments so you can use your own vacume cleaner to clean your sewing machine. They had them at a quilt show too but they were more then double the cost. I can seriously start liking this place and I have not yet tried the suction cup thingies yet.

Blog Entries
    Don't ya just LOVE a store with a GREAT RETURN POLICY!

Power Poster
    And where the man can have fun, too!

:lol: They ordered blades for me and I paid the original price $1.49 even though the price had gone up. They are very nice accomadating people to deal with. My dH shops there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    And where the man can have fun, too!

I can see it on the news now:

MAN CAVE INVADED BY QUILTERS! TODAY HARBOR FRIEGHT TOOLS, TOMORROW IS ANYONE'S GUESS. Men, beware. Life as we know it is becoming extinct.

My DH shops there too and always finds something for me to use in my sewing area. Last time he brought home clips to keep my rolled up quilt together for sewing. I love that store as much as the quilt shops. :lol:

Sears has the magnetic wands also in the tools dept. I got mine from there they are great for a lot of things.

It occurred to me today, after reading several posts about buying at HF, we quilters are getting ripped off. Last year my son went to HF (his favorite store) and came home with a set of tweezers, different lengths and styles. I believe there were 5 in the set and one was just like the one I bought for my serger. He paid less for the set than I did for the single. HF may just become my favorite store, too.

Blog Entries
    cool idea about the tweezers, now everyone go to Harbor Freight to buy tweezers

don't tell them you use them for quilting! ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
    It occurred to me today, after reading several posts about buying at HF, we quilters are getting ripped off. Last year my son went to HF (his favorite store) and came home with a set of tweezers, different lengths and styles. I believe there were 5 in the set and one was just like the one I bought for my serger. He paid less for the set than I did for the single. HF may just become my favorite store, too.

Blog Entries
    If these secrets get out, we will all be in trouble - paying higher prices! We are all doing errands for our DH!

Don't let the secret out! Quilter711

They also have the stubbly little screw drivers that are about 50 cents each and are great for your sewing machines. I bought one for each machine. They are better than the ones that come with the machines. (Harbor Freight)

I also buy water color paint brushes in the toy section. They have nice long handles to really get in there to clean with. And they are so cheap that you don't mind throwing them away when they get really yucky. You get several in a package for less than a dollar. (At WalMart)

All these years I've been saying that I hate going to Harbor Freight. Maybe I need to look around more closely the next time I HAVE TO go inside with DH. :)

I am not sold on the tweezer set! I bought it, kepted maybe one or two pair of tweezers, not as good as quality as I like. Gave the rest to my dh, he was happy to get them. Still a win win! Didn't know about the little stubby screwdriver, I had just ordered some from Clothide that I really like!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
    It occurred to me today, after reading several posts about buying at HF, we quilters are getting ripped off.
    Of course we are.
    We are a specialty consumer base, and the folks who supply us see us coming.
    However, we are not altogether duhmb!! We network with each other, and find and share various ways and tools to do things.

Blog Entries
    I finally got to the local Harbor freight last week. Guess the local quilters aren't on this board, because they had about eight sets of the replacement blades! Bought 4 of those, a telescoping magnet, some mechanics gloves that fit better than any gardening gloves, a rubber mallet, and several other things for some of my other hobbies. There were quite a few women in there, too, and not just with hubbies (some were kinda scary looking, though)...

I will scour HFT's stores that are within my reach as we travel, I am on a mission now.Also, stopping in Paducah and Eleanor Burns store and some others. What a wonderful hubby I have to take the time to do these things for me!