Harbor Freight Experience today! >

Harbor Freight Experience today!

Harbor Freight Experience today!

Old 08-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Google Goddess

cool idea about the tweezers, now everyone go to Harbor Freight to buy tweezers

don't tell them you use them for quilting! ha ha

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
It occurred to me today, after reading several posts about buying at HF, we quilters are getting ripped off. Last year my son went to HF (his favorite store) and came home with a set of tweezers, different lengths and styles. I believe there were 5 in the set and one was just like the one I bought for my serger. He paid less for the set than I did for the single. HF may just become my favorite store, too.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM

If these secrets get out, we will all be in trouble - paying higher prices! We are all doing errands for our DH!

Don't let the secret out! Quilter711
Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM

They also have the stubbly little screw drivers that are about 50 cents each and are great for your sewing machines. I bought one for each machine. They are better than the ones that come with the machines. (Harbor Freight)

I also buy water color paint brushes in the toy section. They have nice long handles to really get in there to clean with. And they are so cheap that you don't mind throwing them away when they get really yucky. You get several in a package for less than a dollar. (At WalMart)
Old 08-29-2010, 04:27 PM

All these years I've been saying that I hate going to Harbor Freight. Maybe I need to look around more closely the next time I HAVE TO go inside with DH. :)
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM

I am not sold on the tweezer set! I bought it, kepted maybe one or two pair of tweezers, not as good as quality as I like. Gave the rest to my dh, he was happy to get them. Still a win win! Didn't know about the little stubby screwdriver, I had just ordered some from Clothide that I really like!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
It occurred to me today, after reading several posts about buying at HF, we quilters are getting ripped off.
Of course we are.
We are a specialty consumer base, and the folks who supply us see us coming.
However, we are not altogether duhmb!! We network with each other, and find and share various ways and tools to do things.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:29 PM

I finally got to the local Harbor freight last week. Guess the local quilters aren't on this board, because they had about eight sets of the replacement blades! Bought 4 of those, a telescoping magnet, some mechanics gloves that fit better than any gardening gloves, a rubber mallet, and several other things for some of my other hobbies. There were quite a few women in there, too, and not just with hubbies (some were kinda scary looking, though)...
Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM

I will scour HFT's stores that are within my reach as we travel, I am on a mission now.Also, stopping in Paducah and Eleanor Burns store and some others. What a wonderful hubby I have to take the time to do these things for me!