Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight rotary blades - Opinions Differ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-rotary-blades-opinions-differ-t171370.html)

Xstitshmom 12-11-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by lonestardreams (Post 4770625)
I thought it was a discussion.

I thought so too! I didn't feel like anyone was forcing their opinion on anybody else. I felt like everybody was just sharing their experience with HR blades. Some of us have had great luck while some of us have had no luck at all. It puzzles me as to what the difference is.

I am going to try the titanium blades soon -- they sound like they are worth a try!

CruisingStef 12-11-2011 07:12 PM

I also agree with scissor queen that they are not manufactured to the same standards as Fiskars, Olfa, or the Gingher blades. But I have used some of them from HF, and had no problems with them what so ever

gotta-sew 12-11-2011 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by gotta-sew (Post 4764739)
I am with you. I had my girlfriend pick me up some. Big mistake. I have tried two of them and neither cut a darn thing. Not doing that again!

Small add on....I wanted these blades to work for me. This might be why I bought 20 of them. Just like others, i would much rather spend my money on fabric. It is good to hear that they will take them back. I guess I will have to go that route. Bottom line, I wish they worked for me, they just did'nt.

zennia 12-12-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare (Post 4770765)
LOL...so did I! And doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to COMPLAIN about the COMPLAINERS?

So true.
I bought a pack and did not like them. I am not complaining just stating a fact.

jennifer winters 12-13-2011 02:48 PM

i have tryed the one s from HF i don't like them the first one was find then i had to but a new one in and it has been the same, oh yes my mat board is looking pretty bad too/

Fabricnut 12-13-2011 06:32 PM

I've tried blades from HF about 4 times and I sure do not like them. They were a waste of my money.

Born2Sew 12-13-2011 06:42 PM

I"ve been using them for a while now, (HF Blades) and not had any trouble with them. I can't tell they have hurt my cutting mat any worse than the friskars blades. I may run into some in the future that don't "cut it" but so far have been very pleased with them. Bottom line, if they don't work for you, don't use them. For those of us that do like them, we will continue to save $$$. At least until I find that they are defective, then I'll take them back.

Johanna Fritz 12-13-2011 07:03 PM

I LOVE them, but I put another true "cutting mat" (vs. self healing one for our good rotary cutters) out when I use it. Just yesterday, I cut some professional mat board for a picture frame. Worked like a dream with minimal pressure. I love them for paper piecing too. I have a small, thicker mat that I bought at Science and Surplus for the paper piecing cutting right by my machine. Great stuff.

Originally Posted by Holice (Post 4762754)
previous postings on this subject have given these blades good reports. I have found them to be very satisfactory.
Also....there was a posting about unsatisfactory blades and the company replaced them.

BETTY62 12-13-2011 07:16 PM

Do those of you who use the blades from H.F. have a problem with them being out of stock? Seems like every time we go, they are out of stock.