Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   harbor freight rotary blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-rotary-blades-t113493.html)

Stitchnripper 04-04-2011 02:20 PM

I have had no problems with them in my rotary cutters. No skipping or anything. Sometimes that happens if there are two blades in by accident.

gale 04-04-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
I've been using them for quitea while. I think they are well worth the price ...2 in a pack for 2 dollars. sometimes they are on ale for 1.49. I feel they are sharper and last longer and when they start to skip I do not think twice about poppin another in, whereas with the brand name expensive one . I will struggle until I am close to tearing my hair out. we all like to save $$.

But mine skipped right out of the pkg (for one) and after about half a quilt worth (lap size quilt) of cutting for the other. On the other hand, I had cut at least 5 lap quilts plus other small projects with the old fiskars one I had in my cutter.

gale 04-04-2011 02:21 PM

Maybe if harbor freight was local for me I'd be more willing to keep trying but it's an hour away and not anywhere near any shops that I usually go to.

Ramona Byrd 04-04-2011 03:28 PM

They're very good, or the ones I've had have been.

My daughter asked if there was anything I wanted I couldn't get around here, and I told her Harbor Freight blades.

They came today, 10 packages of 2 each!!! Love them!!

And I have the best kids, they actually listen to me!

mom-6 04-04-2011 03:49 PM

One pack I got looked like it had been opened and taped shut. But it still cut quite a few pieces before giving me grief.

mom-6 04-04-2011 05:04 PM

One pack I got looked like it had been opened and taped shut. But it still cut quite a few pieces before giving me grief.

pocoellie 04-04-2011 05:26 PM

I haven't had any problems, seem to be just as sharp and last as long as the "name brand" blades.

CoyoteQuilts 04-04-2011 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
Hummmmm are they just called "rotary blades" in the catalog... my DH has that book around here all the time.. will have to check it out!! They just opened one somewhere around here, so maybe i'll take the ride with him someday!!!

If no one has answered this for you yet, they are NOT Rotary Blades. They are 'Carpet Blades' for their carpet cutters. 2 in a package and 3 in with the carpet cutter handle. For the price I can toss 3 if they don't last as long and use the 4th forever. I bought 10 packages a few months ago and I am still working on the second package I opened. I dropped my cutter and put a nick in one right after putting it in the cutter, but didn't feel bad tossing it....

Ann L 04-04-2011 06:22 PM

I haven't tried them yet. Having a friend come visit and that is one of our stops while she is here to stock up.

Lucy90 04-05-2011 04:12 AM

I have ordered them and love them. I have had no problems.