Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone here ever (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-here-ever-t94666.html)

Kayaker26 01-28-2011 10:08 AM

loved fabric when you bought it...loved the pattern when you decided to make it...THEN absolutly hated the project once you got it togther. I have spent all week on a little lap quilt that has today turned into 3 separate lap quilts just so I could stand it. Actually I may make it a front and back and then a separate top...still don't love it though.

eaglebeak1960 01-28-2011 10:09 AM

been there done that. I have several UFO's that I started now I cannot stand em.

np3 01-28-2011 10:12 AM

Yes!! I bought an expensive Queen size kit and when I started it I realized that I didn't like some of the fabrics. I ended up buying more fabric to go with the ones I did like and did a 9 patch with it. NOTHING like the original. It is on my design wall right now, waiting for the borders to be cut. Now I have the rest of the fabric to deal with. Might sell it on here, Moda Vine Creek.

0tis 01-28-2011 10:15 AM

Oh yea, I think I am working on one now - but I am trying to reserve judgement until I am done and it is washed - even if I don't like it - I am sure someone will love it.

rusty quilter 01-28-2011 10:25 AM

Yep. Been there done that. I usually put it away and pick it up in a year or so to see if it has improved...if not--I toss it and put the rest of the fabrics in my scrap bag.

SuzyQ 01-28-2011 10:45 AM

Yep, sure have. I just put it away and when I'm bored with or finished with a project, I may take it out and look at it again. Sometimes it's not so bad the 3rd or 4th time I look at it.

Susan

marknfran 01-28-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kayaker26
loved fabric when you bought it...loved the pattern when you decided to make it...THEN absolutly hated the project once you got it togther. I have spent all week on a little lap quilt that has today turned into 3 separate lap quilts just so I could stand it. Actually I may make it a front and back and then a separate top...still don't love it though.

Terrible and I have just finished tearing apart a project I had been working on for months. Did not look good. Going to start over. :thumbdown: :hunf:

michelehuston 01-28-2011 01:22 PM

I went through that just recently also. Found a quilt I liked, didn't have a pattern so sort of made it up as I went..nope. I knew I would never do anything with it, so I sent it out to be FMQ. She did a wonderful job!! Still don't like it though, so will give it to the homeless shelter. :)

Patty Patches 01-28-2011 02:21 PM

I;m buzy UNsewing a quilt top now.Just couldn;t stand the sashing color.

Linda B 01-28-2011 05:26 PM

Oh, yeah. I specifically asked for a particular set of fat quarters for Christmas a couple of years ago. When I opened the gift and looked at it I said to myself "What in the world was I thinking?!?" I ended up using them to make reusable shopping bags. Everybody that sees them absolutely loves them! Go figure.