Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone looked in your sewing room and gasped at the mess? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-looked-your-sewing-room-gasped-mess-t102079.html)

TacoMama 02-23-2011 03:35 PM

Mine was off limits, too, but I got "out of Dodge" and would be gone a while and they did it. Of course I should say that my husband will be having surgery Monday, but I could close that door and no one could have seen in there!

puck116 02-23-2011 03:50 PM

My sister and I are opposites. She made a comment about how messy my sewing room was. (and I thought it was rather neat) I have to take her comments with a grain of salt.
Once we arrived at their ski condo a day before they did. I had been reading by the lamp beside the couch. I had tilted the shade to get better light. One of the first things she did was go over and correct the shade when she arrived. Oh well. We live in different states. Isn't that a good thing.

AnnetteB 02-23-2011 03:53 PM

I used a members idea of using a file cabinet and file folders to organize my fabric and projects. However, I have 4 quilts going at the same time. I hate to put everything away only to get it back out again. Some days my sewing room looks like I was robbed and they threw fabric everywhere looking for something of value. Actually I was trying to find the top of my cutting table and my rotary cutter:) My husband says I sew like I cook, MESSY, but the quilts are beautiful and the food tastes good. Creative people understand you (and are more fun), non-creative people have clean houses and are boring!

Debra Mc 02-23-2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnetteB
I used a members idea of using a file cabinet and file folders to organize my fabric and projects. However, I have 4 quilts going at the same time. I hate to put everything away only to get it back out again. Some days my sewing room looks like I was robbed and they threw fabric everywhere looking for something of value. Actually I was trying to find the top of my cutting table and my rotary cutter:) My husband says I sew like I cook, MESSY, but the quilts are beautiful and the food tastes good. Creative people understand you (and are more fun), non-creative people have clean houses and are boring!

:thumbup: Gosh I like you & love your philosphy.

Bookladt 02-23-2011 04:32 PM

I thought my sewing room was bad but at leats I can get into it. I went back east and saw my sister's sewing room. It is about knee deep and I couldn't find a path through it. I decided mine wasn't all that bad and anyway I usually do not share it with anyone who doesn't understand my passions.

karate lady 02-23-2011 04:38 PM

No,,,most of my friends have the same mess at home. LOL...

quilt3311 02-23-2011 04:50 PM

I create better in chaos --if I have everything neat as a pin, I just cannot function. I need creative clutter. Its always so funny, I have a friend with a sewing room that you think is ready for a magazine photo op. She comes into mine and starts refolding fabric and putting books back in place and if you can believe, filing patterns etc.
Maybe should ask her over more often. grin. Oh yes she works for cookies and a cup of hot chocolate--grin. Sometimes I think she wishes she could have a bit of clutter instead of stressing out if there is a thread on the floor.

fireworkslover 02-23-2011 05:02 PM

My sewing table is a mess right now, since I'm in the middle of a project. Half of it is covered in piles of fabric and the sewing machine takes up a small space and the sewing supplies sit on the other end. When I'm finished, I do clean up and put things away. My DH, just doesn't go in there much, cuz the mess drives him batty. I do have a door, so if it gets real bad, I just close the door.

dreamer2009 02-23-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by cosyquilter
I gasp at my own mess...LOL.

ROFLMBO

Margie 02-23-2011 05:18 PM

Mine resembles a crime scene..so I try to avoid letting anyone in there lol