Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone made a quilt from a soft book? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-made-quilt-soft-book-t76700.html)

reginalovesfabric 11-17-2010 05:47 AM

yes I do that all the time. Cut them and border ....after Christmas there are some bargains on soft books

AnnT 11-17-2010 06:04 AM

What a cool idea! I have a soft book and have been meaning to put it together. Think I'll try this...put it on my to-do list for 2011!

moonangel12 11-17-2010 06:30 AM

I just bought a Noah's Ark panel with a quilt in mind for a friend. Thanks for a few ideas. I'm a little stuck b/c of the odd number of "pages" so I might be starting my own thread for ideas. Creativity is not my forte, but the internet is great for ideas to "borrow" ;)

Marysewfun 11-17-2010 07:39 AM

Debbie - I love your musical kitten - he makes me giggle each time I see it. My husband asked me what I was laughing about it and when he saw it, he couldn't help but chuckle! Very cute !! :-)

JS 11-17-2010 09:01 AM

I have made them many times. i used fabric with different dogs etc. They are easy and fun to make.

kriscraft99 11-17-2010 09:03 AM

oh all of these are GREAT! What a wonderful idea :)

Daisydoodle 11-17-2010 09:25 AM

Our quilt group was given several soft book yardages, we make Linus Quilts. They turn out so cute and are a real comfort to children in the hospital. A warm snuggle cover and book all in one! good luck!

Popcorn 11-17-2010 09:28 AM

Odd number of pages can be difficult, but they can also add creativity to the back of a quilt. I have been known to make a quilt and use the "title/cover" page of the book as a pocket on the back in which I put a storybook in that goes along with the panels. I can't wait to have grandchildren in which I can make a quilt out of multiple storybook material and match the different materials with books. (Always looking for an opportunity to encourage reading to your child! Must be the teacher in me!)

moonangel12 11-17-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Popcorn
Odd number of pages can be difficult, but they can also add creativity to the back of a quilt. I have been known to make a quilt and use the "title/cover" page of the book as a pocket on the back in which I put a storybook in that goes along with the panels. I can't wait to have grandchildren in which I can make a quilt out of multiple storybook material and match the different materials with books. (Always looking for an opportunity to encourage reading to your child! Must be the teacher in me!)

That's a good idea! I have a wooden rattle I was planning on giving as a secondary gift, I could put it in the pocket! I think it has 10 or 13 pages so just taking one to the back would make things MUCH easier!

blackbearbetty 11-17-2010 09:44 AM

Is this a pattern you used? If so what is the name of it.