Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone seen the commercial....? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-seen-commercial-t120701.html)

sew_sew 05-05-2011 04:50 AM

I think a quilt is meant to be used and loved, haven't seen the commercial yet.

patty48 05-05-2011 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by GlitzyMe
Saw this for the first time last night and thought........that's what memories are made of and that's why I make quilts :-). If you want to preserve it, hang it on a wall.

So right you are! Loved the commercial. The quilt is well loved and used.

Homespun 05-05-2011 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by merridancer
Haven't seen the commercial, but that's how I think a quilt should be used....cause it's loved.

AMEN!!

double amen!!

lillybeck 05-05-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by merridancer
Haven't seen the commercial, but that's how I think a quilt should be used....cause it's loved.

I feel this way too. I tell all my family that quilts are to be used when I give them away. I do not make any great showpiece quilts and I want to see them being used.

charity-crafter 05-05-2011 05:08 AM

I don't watch much TV, does anyone have a link to it online?

I've tried searching and have only found the classic maytag commericials.

watson's mom 05-05-2011 05:17 AM

Haven't seen the commercial but that's what kids quilts are for...making memories. I tell the kids to use it, drag it around, make a tent or a fort with it, lay on the floor to watch t.v. or wrap yourself and the dog in it. but USE IT. I will make them another one when this one wears out but memories last forever.

Stitchnripper 05-05-2011 05:32 AM

I think it is great. I guess anyone who wanted to make an heirloom quilt for someone should advise them not to use it - or am I off base? I want my quilts to be "used up" which means they are appreciated and loved. It makes me so happy when the grandkids drag their quilts somewhere - in front of the TV, in the car, etc. I'll make them another one if they wear it out.

acjacques 05-05-2011 05:45 AM

I haven't seen the commercial, but I will be tickled pink if that quilt were made by me. I make two kinds of quilts - one for display only, and one for everyday use. Almost always, I end up making mostly the latter. I enjoy making quilts so that the recipient can enjoy them any way they want. I receive pictures from my relatives showing the quilts everywhere on their homes - being used as a play tent, a nap blanket, even a blanket for a cat that was sick, and I'm pleased because that's was the purpose of the quilt when I make it. Those quilts that I made intended as wall hanging or table topper - they simply stay folded in the recipient's closets, and I usually get "It's too pretty to use" response when I ask about them.

laurelkal 05-05-2011 05:49 AM

I made quilts for my little ones to take with them wherever they went, be it camp, a sleepover, visiting relatives far away, or just laying around the house. They were meant to be used to let them know I was with them always. Love should never be boxed up and only brought out on special occassions.

Darcene 05-05-2011 05:53 AM

From my viewpoint-a quilt is love and love should be wrapped around those you love and taken with them everywhere that they go....not unlike a shield of love and hugs for when they need it...or as a companion in fun and adventures...when I make a showpiece it just never seems to have the heart and soul that a "love" quilt carries with it....