Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen the commercial....?

Has anyone seen the commercial with the little boy dragging around a quilt at a picnic. He wraps up in the quilt, then uses it for a cape. It's spread on the ground for the picnic, then he knocks over a drink on it. So back at home Mom washes the quilt and it looks good as new. (I think the commercial is selling detergent, but I'm not sure.:) Mom puts it back into the car, but when the car drives away the quilt is hanging outside under the hatchback door! My husband even said, "Poor quilt!" when he saw that. At least the "poor quilt" was loved and being used as it was intended.

Poor quilt indeed. We were just talking about that commerical last night at my small quilt group meeting, most thought they should have been using an old blanket instead of that beautiful quilt. May in Jersey

I saw it last night and just about cried...

It is a maytag commercial! And the quilt is very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    It is a maytag commercial! And the quilt is very pretty.
    Yes, and at the end, the Maytag repairman hugs the quilt. (Because he is standing around waiting for a machine to break down and it never happens.)

I loved the commercial! Saw it a few weeks ago.

I haven't seen it yet. :( Sounds sad.

I found it sad too.

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen it yet, but I will be watching.

I thought it was great! I love seeing my grandkids really enjoying their quilts. This one appeared to be just a simple pattern made up of 4 or 5 inch squares, a variety of colors, not a show piece.

Blog Entries
    Haven't seen the commercial, but that's how I think a quilt should be used....cause it's loved.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
    I thought it was great! I love seeing my grandkids really enjoying their quilts. This one appeared to be just a simple pattern made up of 4 or 5 inch squares, a variety of colors, not a show piece.
    :D :D :D

I'll be watching for it too as i haven't seen it either. I bet it's cute, but why not a stuff animal rather than a quilt. Huggies, Fay

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merridancer
    Haven't seen the commercial, but that's how I think a quilt should be used....cause it's loved.
    AMEN!!

I saw it last night for the first time. If it'd been an heirloom quilt, I would have been upset, but it looked like something I'd make for a child to carry around and use. I thought it was great that they were actually using it instead of putting it in a closet or using it as a display piece. And it had such happy colors!

I have got to watch for that one. Oh, how I love the idea that the little boy carried the quilt and loved it daily.

Blog Entries
    Haven't seen that one yet. Have to watch for it.

Blog Entries
    yep, saw it. just didn't like the end!

Blog Entries
    Be honest do we not want our quilts used and lo\/ed. a lady a few years said to use the pretty things in you life and enjoy them because most of your things your kids do not want so where do they go when you are gone.

Blog Entries
    Saw it last night! Love it!!!!!

EXACTLY!

My DIL does ceramics and got upset when we didn't use the lovely gifts she gave us at Christmas so she and I have an understanding...use it, love it and wear it out; I'll make you another!

I feel like the quilts I make for people are like replacement hugs when for when I'm not there.

I love it!!! My friend is, right now, quilting a quilt for her grandkids to drag around when they visit her at camp. That is a true testiment to what quilts were meant for....to use. What better thing, then taking a child on a picnic!
    Don't mean to offend anyone's opinions, this is just mine. I have a beautiful rug my Grammie made back in the 70's and it is used every day. Yes, it has lost a couple yarns; but that's ok. I think of her every time I look at it and treasure that she made it for me; and believe she wanted me to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMama
    Has anyone seen the commercial with the little boy dragging around a quilt at a picnic. He wraps up in the quilt, then uses it for a cape. It's spread on the ground for the picnic, then he knocks over a drink on it. So back at home Mom washes the quilt and it looks good as new. (I think the commercial is selling detergent, but I'm not sure.:) Mom puts it back into the car, but when the car drives away the quilt is hanging outside under the hatchback door! My husband even said, "Poor quilt!" when he saw that. At least the "poor quilt" was loved and being used as it was intended.
    I agree. I have never felt happier than to see my DGS quilt become his security blanket and absolutely loved it to pieces. :) :)

Blog Entries
    I have seen it several times. I guess I feel differently about it. I am thrilled the boy loves it so much that he takes it everywhere with him. And obviously the quiltmaker did a very good job. To me it shows a lot of love.

I agree.............the more loved the better...

Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    I haven't seen it yet. :( Sounds sad.
    Sad is when you won't let your kid touch the quilt someone who loved her made for her....Not for display or "hold onto until she will appreciate it". I love to see little ones drag my quilts and sleep with them, where ever they may sleep.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast