Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone seen the commercial....? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-seen-commercial-t120701.html)

Sharon1301 05-05-2011 03:37 PM

Saw the commercial, beautiful quilt, read some of the comments: there's a difference between "use" and "abuse". I love to see my family & friends snuggle under a handmade work of love. I don't think I would want a quilt I made to be used to haul wood and be dragged through the streets from the back of a car because someone didn't take the time to be sure it was in the vehicle securely. It's just a commercial, maybe the quilt was made for that purpose. Also, I guess I have too much sentiment and emotion attached to quilts and the process.
I have to remind myself, it's just a commercial.

Dina 05-05-2011 04:24 PM

I'm one who said it was sad, but I was referring to the ending where the quilt is sticking out of the back of the car, dragging on the ground. The rest of it was cute...a loved quilt. I just think they could have ended it sooner, like when the boy was snuggling in it.

GreatStarter 05-05-2011 07:20 PM

Yes, I love that commercial. It shows how a quilt that is loved by a child ends up really being used. LOL
Kat

Carron 05-05-2011 07:23 PM

Have not seen it yet, but will keep an eye open for it.

lclang 05-05-2011 07:29 PM

Some of my kids quilts were used for capes too, and tents over the clothesline, tablecloths for picnics, wrappers for wet dogs. They were not fancy quilts so no one cared. The main thing was that they were useful and thoroughly enjoyed.

Cherokeequilter 05-05-2011 08:35 PM

This commercial reminded me of two quilts that were made for our sons when they were in grade school. One is now on the third generation (all boys) and still being used constantly. The other one went from our son's bed, on picnics with his friends, on a two year mission for our church, on his bed while he was in the Middle East and now being used by his son. Who would have thought? I tear up that these have meant so much. Good for a Mom's heart! The funny part is that one has a Star Wars print and now it is back in again.

moosegirl 05-06-2011 05:19 AM

I would love to see this commercial: I make two kinds of quilts -one for show-lots of work, time effort, expense in materials then the kind that I want the receiver to use the heck out of it and when it is worn out they can put their request in for a replacement this keeps me in the quilt mode and I always have someone to give my next quilt too. It feeds my habit. Moosegirl

Sienna's GiGi 05-06-2011 07:47 AM

I like working quilts. It makes me feel good to see my family enjoying what I make.

jpthequilter 05-07-2011 07:25 PM

Be glad they chose a real QUILT!

texas granny 05-07-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShowMama
Has anyone seen the commercial with the little boy dragging around a quilt at a picnic. He wraps up in the quilt, then uses it for a cape. It's spread on the ground for the picnic, then he knocks over a drink on it. So back at home Mom washes the quilt and it looks good as new. (I think the commercial is selling detergent, but I'm not sure.:) Mom puts it back into the car, but when the car drives away the quilt is hanging outside under the hatchback door! My husband even said, "Poor quilt!" when he saw that. At least the "poor quilt" was loved and being used as it was intended.

There trying to sell you the new washing machine