Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has this ever happened to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-ever-happened-you-t279094.html)

Sandygirl 05-30-2016 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7563050)
LOL, so true!

My hubby dared to ask me when I was going to be done quilting, as in: not do it anymore! What a rube.

Then I would ask my husband when he was done collecting junk cars to rehabilitate....which is never! At least my hobby does not take up space in outbuildings!

Sandy

LilaKay 05-30-2016 03:05 AM

My husband cleans our house because he knows I am really bad when I get started on a project. I do not come in the house for hours. Well, he had knee replacement on May 23 and I had to clean the house myself this weekend. No wonder he has been talking about hiring a housekeeper.

Originally Posted by cathyvv (Post 7563015)
DH: How's that quilt you're working on going? (What he really wanted to know was when would I be cleaning up, we're having company in a few days.)

Me: Which one?

DH: You're working on more than one?

Me: Yes. I'm making three from the same fabrics.

DH: Why?

Me: It's a long story...

DH: Ok.

Then he left the room. I guess he wasn't that interested or he lost all hope for a neat living room, dining room, etc.

Misty's Mom 05-30-2016 03:05 AM

Mine comes in, sits down at his machine and asks what's next in line? Since he's got the quilting bug, we are able to turn out twice as many tops:eek: Now to get them quilted before he comes up with another idea for a top.

Tartan 05-30-2016 03:26 AM

My husband is happy if I am happy. I encourage him in his hobby as well.

DOTTYMO 05-30-2016 03:34 AM

I live alone no hubby but I do have two dogs who sleep very well while I sew. When they want outside, or food come up and make strange noises and barks so I know what they want.

joe'smom 05-30-2016 05:18 AM

My DH doesn't seem to notice what's on my design wall unless I drag him over and ask him to look at it. Then he'll ask 'Who is this one for.' He doesn't have much of a reaction to the quilts, but then, he is color blind, so heaven knows what he's actually seeing.

Prekteacher 05-30-2016 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 7563017)
It does sound vaguely familiar, but my DH is more likely to stick his head in the sewing room and ask, "Who is this one for?"

Sounds very much like my husband!

tkhooper 05-30-2016 05:26 AM

My cat keeps me company while I'm sewing. We just had to work out a couple of details. No stepping on the foot pedal and no playing with the iron cord. I do love cats.

DonnaPBradshaw 05-30-2016 05:47 AM

My husband is pretty nice when I bring a quilt home from the quilter: He usually has a nice word since he knows I paid for the quilting and not him!

ManiacQuilter2 05-30-2016 06:31 AM

I never married so I rule over my quilting kingdom! :)