Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   have you ever pieced a quilt and tired of it already? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-pieced-quilt-tired-already-t129196.html)

chairjogger 06-09-2011 10:59 AM

wow, so glad to see I have company ! Thanks !
Ell

hopetoquilt 06-09-2011 05:30 PM

THIS is when I make it fun by trying different things with the quilting such as trying new stitches or experimenting with FMQ... you could also create a really cool label for it or come up with something different to do with the backing or make it into a quillow. Add a piece of fabric origami to the front or back. Anything that makes it FUN again. Quilting is supposed to be fun according to the way I look at it.

incoming2me 06-09-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Opal Jane
Yes... I ususally put those down and start on something else new and small (for instant gratification). I eventually pick it back up.

ditto :)

oh wait.. maybe this is why I have so many UFOs...

RedGarnet222 06-09-2011 05:54 PM

Why sure! I think everyone does at one time or another. But, here is the good news. Once it is done, put it away for a while and when you see it next you will think, " Hey this is nice, what was the problem?" It was you just got tired of working on it, that is all.

Like some on here, I sometimes put it aside and do a cutsie quick project for a day or so and then go back at it to the end. It really helps!

meemersmom 06-09-2011 11:44 PM

This is why I have multiple projects going on at once. I tire of one, and just pick up another. Keeps it new for me.

Butterfli19 06-10-2011 01:48 AM

On the other hand, I've started quite a few projects that I groan about but push to finish and find more times than not the finished product looks much better than I expected.

I suggest you carry on!

plainpat 06-10-2011 03:12 AM

Think that's why I have several half done tops.Doubt they'll ever be finished.It's also the reason I don't make one block quilts anymore......just too boring for me.

Suzanne in VT 06-10-2011 03:20 AM

ALL THE TIME! Truly, every project I work on I get to this point. I think I have ADHD or something when it comes to my quilting because once I begin a project my mind wants another project.

I think if I had to pin point why it would be because I love the process of picking out a pattern, choosing the fabrics, cutting the fabrics up, and sewing the blocks, but once the blocks are sewn I'm bored already. I would hire someone to piece them together into the actual quilt top if I could.

I'm sure this is why I have at least 15 or 20 projects going at all times. Not good, since it means I don't get much completed, but it's just the way my mind works.

So, don't feel bad...you are not in this alone...

Suzanne

fabric whisperer 06-10-2011 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by MinnieKat
Yep. If I don't like one when I get it done or if I am just tired of it, I give it to someone as a gift ... or donate it.

ditto :)

KayT 06-10-2011 03:28 AM

I agree having some small projects to enjoy in between helps me along if I don't really like it.