Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-heard-new-accuquilt-go-t69136.html)

Stormy Days 10-10-2010 05:01 AM

I have a GO and I love the uniform cuts, plus the time it saves. I never realized how off my cuts could be, just a tiny bit, but it makes a difference. If you like applique it can really help. I just finished a quilt with teddy bears, butterflies, and ducks on it, that I would never have made if I had to cut them all out. The baby GO uses all of the applique dies and a lot of the others. I have to agree that I would buy it through Kelly at I Have A Notion. She is wonderful and very helpful, plus she has it for the lowest price I've seen.

plainpat 10-10-2010 05:07 AM

Wow....you have a lot of machines! I still have counter space & my back will thank me :D .Of course,I'd shop & find the best price.Just wondering if you use all your machines?

I have run short on storage space and counter space. Maybe if I didn't have 4 sewing machines, 2 sergers, a blind hemmer, & computer I would have more space. For me it doesn't make sense, but I guess for others it would.

grann of 6 10-10-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by justme2
Wow....you have a lot of machines! I still have counter space & my back will thank me :D .Of course,I'd shop & find the best price.Just wondering if you use all your machines?

I have run short on storage space and counter space. Maybe if I didn't have 4 sewing machines, 2 sergers, a blind hemmer, & computer I would have more space. For me it doesn't make sense, but I guess for others it would.

Yes, I do. Right now the Diamond is quilting a design downloaded off the computer. The Topaz has the walking foot on it for the binding and seaming. The SE is currently winding bobbins, but usually have it ready for any other project needing a different color thread. The old Designer I is my workhorse I usually use for general piecing. The sergers I use periodically, as I do sewing for other people. It is always nice to be able to work on 2 different projects at a time.

inletjerry 10-10-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I was just watching the video on this...how long does the dye stay sharp? I would love to get it to do the 2 1/2 inch strips.

There is also a strip cutting machine, saw it in Clotide's catalog, for around $99. Looks good maybe someone has used it and will let us know.

bgullett 10-10-2010 06:22 AM

My husband bought me the GO for my birthday! I saw it at a LQS and the lady showed me how to use it and such. I was hooked. I have bought four dies thus far, the mats are interchangeable. I absolutely love it, beautiful cuts! Percise, I just cannot say enough. I also bought a Dresdan Plate Die, I would have never done this pattern if I didn't get it. What ease. My suggestions, look around for best price and buy it! Feel free to PM with any questions.

plainpat 10-10-2010 06:30 AM

That's great.....I can't seem to work on more than one thing at a time.Used to know a woman who had maybe 15-20 sewing machines. She loved them ,but wasn't a sewer....she just liked sewing machines.

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by justme2

Yes, I do. Right now the Diamond is quilting a design downloaded off the computer. The Topaz has the walking foot on it for the binding and seaming. The SE is currently winding bobbins, but usually have it ready for any other project needing a different color thread. The old Designer I is my workhorse I usually use for general piecing. The sergers I use periodically, as I do sewing for other people. It is always nice to be able to work on 2 different projects at a time.

Donnasue 10-10-2010 07:29 AM

I have two of the original dies. Will they fit in the Go Baby?

CarrieAnne 10-10-2010 07:35 AM

I cant wait to see the Go, Baby! I have the Go, and I really love it. It folds up nice, so doesnt take up much space at all!

Prism99 10-10-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by inletjerry

Originally Posted by carolaug
I was just watching the video on this...how long does the dye stay sharp? I would love to get it to do the 2 1/2 inch strips.

There is also a strip cutting machine, saw it in Clotide's catalog, for around $99. Looks good maybe someone has used it and will let us know.

I think this is the one that many people gave the thumbs down on. One of the problems with it is that it is not sufficiently accurate for quilting. It probably works great for people who need strips for rag rugs.

BellaBoo 10-10-2010 09:10 AM

I have the Sunbonnet Sue die but haven't use it yet. I do use have the hexagon and circle dies. Love those. Be sure and watch the youtube videos how to use the dies more then one way! If you have the strip die you can cut the same size square die with it too.