Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO

In an e-mail from Over the Rainbow, Laura will be selling the new smaller version of ACCUQUILT GO for $139.00. Now I can afford one. :)

Blog Entries
    I saw the ads and thought the same thing

Accuquilt GO! baby is the name.
    Here is the link:

http://www.accuquilt.com/GO-Shop-C434.aspx

Blog Entries
    I saw them somewhere even for less...now where was that?? :lol:

Nancy's Notions has them for $129 right now, and

Over the Rainbow for the same price.

I really thought I had one more but cannot find it.

I'll keep looking.

only in my dreams could i get one
    HUGS Dora

Blog Entries
    I was just watching the video on this...how long does the dye stay sharp? I would love to get it to do the 2 1/2 inch strips.

Blog Entries
    the strip die cutter is another 42.00...seems like you could spend a future on the toy...
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I was just watching the video on this...how long does the dye stay sharp? I would love to get it to do the 2 1/2 inch strips.

Blog Entries
    Shoppers Rule has them for $99

Blog Entries
    Would love to hear some feedback on if its worth it from those who have them. If it is...will have to add it to my Christmas list...my kids can pitch in...

Blog Entries
    "I Have a Notion"has them for $99.Kelly is the owner & great to deal with.She'll ans all questions.
    Tried to give her addy, but mail won't accept it.Just Google & it will pop right up.

Wondering if the holidays will bring even lower prices ? Just a thought. Does the machine come with any die? Check to see if the ones you buy extra will cut the size squares,strips & triangles you use most often in quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by dream56
    I saw the ads and thought the same thing

Blog Entries
    There is a chart link on the site that was first given for the go baby that shows what dies are compatible. The 10 inch ones are not. They made a special 2 wide strip die for this unit.

Blog Entries
    I know nothing about these cutters. Wondering what the special mats are used for? Are they needed? I already have a bunch of mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    There is a chart link on the site that was first given for the go baby that shows what dies are compatible. The 10 inch ones are not. They made a special 2 wide strip die for this unit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justme2
    I know nothing about these cutters. Wondering what the special mats are used for? Are they needed? I already have a bunch of mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    There are dies that are about 1/2 = 3/4 inch thick that are used to cut the fabric. There are also plastic covers to cover the die after the fabric is placed on it. This prevents the blades on the die from getting damaged on the steel bar that it passes under that presses the fabric down so that the blades go thru all layers to cut.
    It's a hand crank unit, no electricity. The dies are on the expensive side - depending on where you get them. It is great for applique shapes.

Blog Entries
    I have the Go and ordered the Go Baby. It's certainly not a toy for me. It has changed my quilting. I get accurate cuts every time. I have very little fabric waste. When I read from naysayers is how much fabric waste there is, that tells me they haven't used one. Having both sizes of the Go is like having two sizes of a cutting mat, I don't see any reason not to have both. The die cost will equal out to pennies after many times of using them so I don't think of the one time cost. The product is well made and customer service is very good from all authorized dealers. I order from I Have a Notion and Bayside Quilting and AccucutQuilt website.

Blog Entries
    Can I ask what one you'd buy if you had to choose? I make a lot of runners,throws etc.Very few bed size quilts.I like the 2 1/2" strips....but too cheap to buy the Jelly Rolls :)Also use 3 & 4" half sq triangles.Thanks for sharing.I like hearing from owners of whatever I'm considering.Cutting is starting to give my back fits.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I have the Go and ordered the Go Baby. It's certainly not a toy for me. It has changed my quilting. I get accurate cuts every time. I have very little fabric waste. When I read from naysayers is how much fabric waste there is, that tells me they haven't used one. Having both sizes of the Go is like having two sizes of a cutting mat, I don't see any reason not to have both. The die cost will equal out to pennies after many times of using them so I don't think of the one time cost. The product is well made and customer service is very good from all authorized dealers. I order from I Have a Notion and Bayside Quilting and AccucutQuilt website.

Blog Entries
    I haven't gotten the Go Baby yet, it's on it's way. I think the Go Baby will need to be anchored somewhat to the table since it is so lightweight. Just my thoughts. I would say I would get the bigger Go if I had to choose. I go to many sew days and workshops so having the Go Baby is worth it to me and my DGD will love using it. Those two reasons are why I wanted the Go Baby. My Go Baby will be used mostly to cut all my scraps into small die cuts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info.Our Grdau is grown now.Have 2 DDs & not one of the 3 sews.Oh, well...more reason to make things for them.

Blog Entries
    Can I ask what one you'd buy if you had to choose? I make a lot of runners,throws etc.Very few bed size quilts.I like the 2 1/2" strips....but too cheap to buy the Jelly Rolls :)Also use 3 & 4" half sq triangles.Thanks for sharing.I like hearing from owners of whatever I'm considering.Cutting is starting to give my back fits.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo

I have the AccuQuilt Go...
    I also have a brain injury and this item has allowed me to do cutting that I can't do with rotary cutter because of brain. It literally has opened the door to the world of quilting for me.
    I have about 15-dies also...love the strip cutters.
    Have very little fabric waste because I have learned to gauge best sizes of fabrics to cut for die and if there are pieces that will fit another die they go into a separate pile and are all cut and boxed and labeled.
    I got a super deal on everything because I went up on Ebay and contacted one of the dealers selling there and told them exactly what I wanted with all the extras and what would / could they do for me price wise...worst thing they can say is no.
    Spent about $400. for machine/several mats and all the dies/there was even a book with patterns.
    No regrets :)

Blog Entries
    I would love to have the Go! Baby. Maybe if I am very good, Santa may bring it. LOL!! In other words, lot of sweet talking to DH an oldest DD. Seems like it would be an awesome way to use up scrap pieces of fabric to make gorgeous scrap quilts.

Blog Entries
    Go on Amazon. There is a video review there that is most helpful in explaining and showing details and use of the machine.

Evidently most everyone loves it.

I think a lot of ladies are going to get one under the tree this year.

Blog Entries
    Here's a list that shows which Go dies will work on Baby Go:
    http://www.accuquilt.com/assets/down...QJ47-ebook.pdf

The only strip cutter die that is compatible is the 2-1/2". Looks like 3&4" HSQ dies also work with it.

I have never used one of these machines and know little about them. How long of strips do they cut and how does it compare to cutting them with a rotary cutter?

Blog Entries
    I'm sure there are ppl who cut perfect strips every time,but I'm not one of them :roll: AS near as I can tell the Accuquilt cutter cuts perfect triangles,strips & squares. I don't applique, but it also cuts diff shapes for applique.Do think you need to think about what dies you'd use,but just cutting strips & sqs would be a help.Like anything else, it's not for everyone.Maybe look at one in your LQS.

Quote Originally Posted by katied772
    I have never used one of these machines and know little about them. How long of strips do they cut and how does it compare to cutting them with a rotary cutter?

Been thinking about getting an Accuquilt but the price always deterred me. The Baby seems to be more reasonably priced, but the dies are still spendy. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast