Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you made a baby quilt lately? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-made-baby-quilt-lately-t51177.html)

starlight 06-27-2010 05:36 AM

Just finished two quilts for DGS with the jungle theme. DGD theme is going to be pick and mocha brown. I have to get going on that as she is due late July.

shopaholic97 06-27-2010 05:56 AM

I love brights as you could tell from my "layered stars" that I posted a couple of weeks ago.

CarolinePaj 06-27-2010 06:02 AM

Yes... and it was a jungle theme too!

Made before we knew if it was a boy or girl... turnes out it was a girl.... still good though!

Hugs

Caroline

Cookie64 06-27-2010 06:28 AM

A grandma here, I still think pink for girls and blue for boys and later down the road use the aminal fabrics, bugs, Cindarealla, butterflys and so on.

Cookie

rnrn 06-27-2010 10:48 AM

Two baby quilts recently were in the colors of pear and chocolate and red and granny smith green. The red and granny smith green nursery was decorated with big paintings of vegetables, eg.tomato, peas in pods. The quilt was very bright with vivid batiks and was named Salsa Bars. The other nursery was done with brown, pear and robin egg blue and had paintings of birds nests with eggs. That quilt was done in brown, pale chartreuse with touches of blue. The backing was brown and pear polka dots. That mom is my niece and she is an artist-painter and ceramacist. The quilts were cute and matched the rooms perfectly. Takes all kinds!

jan22 06-27-2010 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of one we saw recently, I bought the fabric to make it for a new great grandson soon to entire our world

quilt for Jamari
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86589[/ATTACH]

marla 06-27-2010 11:26 AM

I made one a few years ago with bunnies in soft pastels.
Iplan on doing one in turtles for future births and just for fun.

SandyMac 06-27-2010 06:32 PM

Made a pink and white nine patch for my first great grand daughter.Born March 2nd of 2010 :-D

daylily4u 06-27-2010 06:37 PM

Great topic. Grandmother of 10 and a new one on the way. I have been choosing pink for girl and blue for boy.(yellow & green) Just resantly having a conversation with 9 yr old grandson and he had mentioned to me that I need to use different colors. I'm also a knitter and crochet and decided to go with lime green and blues, salmon with pink, yellow and other colors. Guess I need to get with the change of times, and listen to what the dgs share with me.

auntiehenno 06-27-2010 07:03 PM

All of you ideas are great! I made 2 quilts, for my former SIL and wife, recently. They had twins in March and just did the Eleanor Burns birthing method and then tied them. The top fab. was a lovely red, with racing cars - small - and then used a coordinating plain flannel of back in neon green for one and neon orange the other.

Since I have been plagued with CFIDS for years, I can't quilt or sew like I want.