Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you made your "Masterpiece" yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-made-your-%22masterpiece%22-yet-t101041.html)

Hen3rietta 02-19-2011 03:29 PM

I'm working on it. LOL

Maride 02-19-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
I don't know for sure if this is my "masterpiece" yet, but I would say so far it is...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-27384-1.htm

I also made a double wedding ring quilt, all pieced and quilted by hand that took me years to make. It was my "masterpiece" for a while, but as I have progressed in my skills, I can see that it is not all that good. I still love it, and it was the first quilt that I made for myself.

I have lots left to learn, and hopefully, I have a few "masterpieces" still in there... :D

That IS a masterpiece. Beautiful!

Butterflyblue 02-19-2011 03:51 PM

From time to time I make a quilt that is something special - that pushes me creatively in some way, with a new technique or concept. At that time, it is the pinnacle of what I've achieved in quilting, and I consider it my masterpiece - until I do another one that stretches my abilities, or have a bigger, better idea.

A 02-19-2011 04:03 PM

Yes, my masterpiece quilt was made for my husband, and this past week, as he was buried, he was covered with it. It had many mountain scenes, trees/lake/pinecones edges/ in it with flying eagles. Jerry is now higher than the flying eagles in heaven. I do not say this to make people feel badly - it is to have them know that sometimes the quilt may not be absolutely perfect, but it IS 'perfect' for the person that you love with all your heart - it meant a lot to him & nothing else mattered wxcept for my love for him.

wildyard 02-19-2011 04:04 PM

Every quilt I finish is my masterpiece!!! The next one will be my new masterpiece, hopefully better than my last masterpiece in some ways.
What each "Masterpiece" lacks in ability and talent, is more than made up for by the love and creative energy I put into it!!
This way, whether you get one of my first or my 30th quilt, it will be one of my masterpieces made just for you!!

happymrs 02-19-2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by A
Yes, my masterpiece quilt was made for my husband, and this past week, as he was buried, he was covered with it. It had many mountain scenes, trees/lake/pinecones edges/ in it with flying eagles. Jerry is now higher than the flying eagles in heaven. I do not say this to make people feel badly - it is to have them know that sometimes the quilt may not be absolutely perfect, but it IS 'perfect' for the person that you love with all your heart - it meant a lot to him & nothing else mattered wxcept for my love for him.

How touching! Sounds like it was a beautiful quilt! Good for you, & I am sorry for your loss!

Yooper32 02-19-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by A

Bless your heart, that was wonderful to read.

Lori S 02-19-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by A

So sorry for your profound loss. THere just aren't the words that would have sufficient meaning to give you the needed comfort. Sending you a really big hug.

candi 02-19-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by A

A..I am so sorry for your loss, may Jerry rest in peace. Thanks for sharing this touching thought with us.

greenini 02-19-2011 05:02 PM

Your post brought tears to my eyes, so glad you and he had time to enjoy your masterpiece together