Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you met a new friend through the Board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-met-new-friend-through-board-t121351.html)

akrogirl 05-09-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by gloria farmer
yes I have a friend that I met on the board, we go for breakfast sometimes. Where in AZ are you from, I'm from Tucson

I'm in the Queen Creek area.

IBQUILTIN 05-09-2011 11:56 AM

I have met one of our guuild members here, and we are both adbvocates for this site, so there will soon be others that I am sure are lurking now

mcdaniel023 05-09-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
No, but I would love to. Anyone else out there in cyberspace who is from West Central Indiana?

I am from NWI. You should try to come to the Shipshewana meet and greet. Several of us are planning on going. Craftybear is in charge.

Ragann63 05-09-2011 12:47 PM

I am a flight attendant (US) and actually had the opportunity to meet another member and her husband in Malaga, Spain, on a layover. They picked me up at the hotel, we went sight-seeing and then had a marvelous dinner seaside! It was really nice.

Vickymomof6 05-09-2011 12:55 PM

Yes, well we are planning to meet together real soon! Deb Watkins and I are very close to each other (less than 10 miles) and it just so happens that my sister is marrying her best friend on June 18th so we will see each together there too :-) I'm standing up for her and she is standing up for him. A small world we live in.

Sewslow 05-09-2011 09:23 PM

I've met Kitsie and we've gotten together a couple of times and intend to more, when we get through our long rainy season. Her quilting skills intimidate me but she's very nice.

SewExtremeSeams 05-09-2011 09:41 PM

I get to meet Mary Hennessey tomorrow at her home. We met on this topic and talked on the phone today for the first time. Can't wait!

How cool is that?

Thanks Gabrielle's Mimi for posting this topic.

gzuslivz 05-09-2011 09:48 PM

I have made friends with Heartwarming Quilts. We had a Western Washington meet and greet and she wasn't able to come. I made arrangements to go see her. We have really hit it off. I am going to visit her again tomorrow! She is a blessing and a joy in my life!

bonniebusybee 05-11-2011 07:50 PM

We haven't met, but it has been a lot of fun sending and receiving PM's with a quilter in Japan since the earthquake and tsunami. She happens to live on the airbase where my youngest daughter was born 54 years ago! She's kept me apprised of the good and bad news from the earthquake and tsunami, and it's been almost like taking a trip to Japan.

Love this Board!

dasmith2 05-13-2011 03:51 AM

Im izaquilters surrogate daughter :). Mary Ann and I hit it off right away, she is like a mom to me, she is the best part of living here in Illinois! She has been there for me every step of the way in the most difficult time of my life, and she is always cracking me up with her antics! (yeah mom, i said it). Gosh, we just bring the fiesty out in each other! She is truly a blessing my life