Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you met a new friend through the Board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-met-new-friend-through-board-t121351.html)

Magdalena 05-06-2011 07:01 PM

I met CarrieAnne! It was fate + fluke that brought us together. I also met several of other wonderful people on this board too.

Painiacs 05-06-2011 07:03 PM

Yep quite a few I talk to grew! Pocoellie tonnie lee, hypertula,c rearIck,, airwick! Sorry if I missed any!

marilynr 05-06-2011 07:28 PM

YES, I feel I have a multitude of new friends on this quilting forum, & one very special friend with whom I am now
corresponding via snail mail. What a treasure she is.
Marilyn

pab58 05-06-2011 07:47 PM

I have made a wonderful, fantastic, sweet and loving friend through this board -- just haven't been able to meet her yet! I plan on doing just that this summer when I make my trip South to visit family!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Her name is Mary (aka Skydiver70), and I am so very thankful that the Lord has put her in my life! ;)

Marlys 05-06-2011 08:01 PM

I met several when I was on my trip to PA, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, WI & S. Dakota last fall. Over Thanksgiving I met 3 in Idaho. I had a blast with everyone I met and am looking forward to seeing many of them again this fall!!!

sew cornie 05-06-2011 09:06 PM

Many of us in NW Oregon/SW Washington have been getting together about every other month or so. We typically meet at someone's house where we visit, have show-and-tell, and enjoy great snacks. We've been doing this for nearly 1 1/2 years. It's always open to any Board members who can come, newbie or veteran, and we post upcoming gatherings on the "Offline" section of the Board.

Seven of us went on a beach retreat last fall and 16 of us are going on another one in just a few weeks. I've met at least 20 Board members through our open house get-togethers and at the upcoming beach retreat, there will be several I'll be meeting for the first time. It's so much fun!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 05-06-2011 10:51 PM

Yep... Had a Nice Meet and Greet, then went over to a Local Show, a Fun Experience. Funny part was 2 knew each other and didn't realize it.

jitkaau 05-07-2011 03:19 AM

I live a little far away for meeting up. However, have had many positive encounters with fellow members since joining. When like minded people have a common interest it is also heart warming to find that they have generous spirits as well. I especially appreciate how welcoming and helpful the members are toward the novices who pose questions and ask for help. It has been my experience to encounter the exactly opposite response and I'm pleased it doesn't prevail here. Well done to the organisers to keep this equilibrium.

ywoodruff5 05-07-2011 03:34 AM

I have met Mary, a wonderful woman who lives in my area, and we have had lunch, shopped, done a craft fair together and bonded! Just want to add that I also met several Pogo friends in different states - including my husband! :thumbup:

mjsylvstr 05-07-2011 03:47 AM

many..........