Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Having Trouble Seeing Photo Images? Check Here For Instructions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/having-trouble-seeing-photo-images-check-here-instructions-t149049.html)

patricej 08-30-2011 09:35 AM

How to Reset Your Browser Cache

Try clearing your cache and if that does not help please try restarting your internet browser or system. Cleaning out your cache might help if the gallery images aren't updating for you.

Resetting Browser Cache With Firefox

Step 1:
Click Tools on your browser toolbar. Click Clear Private Data.

Step 2:
Click the check boxes for Cache.

Step 3:
Click Clear Private Data Now.

Resetting Browser Cache With IE7

Step 1:
Click Tools on your toolbar.

Step 2:
Click on Internet Options from the drop down menu.

Step 3:
Another menu will appear.

Under Browser History, click on delete.

Step 4:
On the next screen, click Delete files next to Temporary Internet Files, then click Yes on the popup.

Resetting Browser Cache With IE8

Step 1:
Click on tools on your toolbar.

Step 2:
Click on Internet Options from the drop down menu.

Step 3:
Another menu will appear. Under Browser History, check the box that will delete browsing history after exit. Click on delete.

Resetting Browser Cache With Safari

Step 1:
Click Safari, and choose Reset Safari from drop down menu.

Step 2:
Click the check boxes next to Empty the cache.

Step 3:
Click Reset.

TaliaRose 08-30-2011 09:37 AM

Thanks PatriceJ for posting this. Please let us know if this helps and if you'd like more information!

amy WI 08-30-2011 11:21 AM

I did this and it did not work. I am still not getting pictures. :(

TaliaRose 08-30-2011 11:28 AM

Okay, we're looking into this issue further. Thanks for taking these steps. It did eliminate a few things, which we thought may have been causing images to not load for some people.

amy WI 08-30-2011 11:32 AM

Thank you both so much for looking into this issue. I appreciate all you do on this board. .:)

skowron5 08-30-2011 11:40 AM

I posted earlier that I was having trouble and it was working today. I just got back on the website and now I can't load pictures. I cleared my cache and that did not help.

Thanks

NanaJan 08-30-2011 12:28 PM

Thanks so much, Patrice. I'm off to try your suggestions! NanaJan

bobieann 08-30-2011 12:59 PM

I deleted 1,000 messages in my email account, made the change you suggested and rebooted. Nothing working here.

BarbaraSue 08-30-2011 01:13 PM

Thank you for responding. I will delete and restart. My DH and I have rebooted our computer.

You might be able to find out if the customers that have this problem are served by the Internet Explorer, and are Hotmail. I tried Hotmail Help Center and found that Hotmail Live is down, and that connection to the help center could be sporatic. maybe our server's server is having the problem.
Thank you again. BarbaraSue Waldrip :)

sandpat 08-30-2011 01:22 PM

Tried this, it didn't help. I've also run scans for malware and viruses (using Avast). I also can't see avatars...but all this is happening on the QB only...I can see pics anywhere else.

Thanks for trying to help out.