Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hello my name is Luv, and Im a fabri-holic..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hello-my-name-luv-im-fabri-holic-t188580.html)

sharon b 05-10-2012 08:40 AM

My name is Sharon and I am an enabler :) LOL

I had started the Spring cleaning thing and then went into Fabric overload :shock: Got a lot put into tubs and a few clear spaces so what do I do.... go on a Shop Hop ... Oh my .... LOL yep you guessed it had to buy more fabric , Hey I had some room for it :)

Luv if you aren't back in time for the next swap we will call in help to find you :thumbup:

momto5 05-10-2012 08:57 AM

I embraced mine about forty years ago...the nice thing about it is I've decided that mine is one that doesn't require meetings, except for the ones held at fabric stores once a week or so. I have no one to answer to (do kids that holler "quit spending our inheritance!!), count? so I do as I please. If anyone feels the need for lessons to cope with this wonderful afflic...er, addic...er...hobby!!! please feel free to PM me...I'll either be here or at my LQS. Sign me, "no worries as long as the stash holds out" Momto5!!!

AUQuilter 05-10-2012 10:24 AM

I too am a fabri-holic and am hoping that I get some for Mother's Day. I have managed (in just two years) to acquire LOTS of fabric and the only part that is scary is this: In two more years, will the amount just double or does it grow exponentially? DH asked me this morning if I "needed" to go to Lancaster, PA to get fabric. Of course I "need" to go, I still don't have ALL the colors of the Kona Cottons yet!

Yosamitesa 05-10-2012 11:12 AM

I had to buy more totes this week to "reorganize" so hubby doesn't see fabric everywhere I turn...however, he does blame you ms. luv for enabling me with your swaps and for "making me kicking and screaming" to host one of my own...yep...that is my story and I'm sticking to it!!! :) Will take pics once my new closet it done and I get the fabric in it. :)

PaperPrincess 05-10-2012 11:25 AM

This morning I went to a monthly class at my LQS. One of my classmates and I were looking at a bolt of fabric on the markdown table. We both sort of thought that we had some of this at home, so we did the only thing fabri-holics could do. We split the bolt. This is how you wind up with tubs of fabric. I also have a sewing room, but actually sew in the dining room as there is not enough room in my SR. Sigh.

sue tedebear 05-10-2012 11:41 AM

I have the same problem - only hubby goes nuts when buying the fabric - always gets more than needed and I end up with left overs that grow.

susie-susie-susie 05-10-2012 12:08 PM

The local quilt guild had a garage sale the other day. Scraps, fat quarters, and larger bits of fabric. It was so tempting. They had books, patterns, and magazines. There were bags of scraps, too. I had a hard time, but I was able to control myself. I didn't stay very long. Maybe that is how I was able to control myself--that and the fact that my foot hurt and it was hard to walk. It was fun looking, and I'm wishing I bought more. There is no hope for any of us.
Sue

SouthPStitches 05-10-2012 12:36 PM

I was a card-carrying member of the QB fabric moratorium from December until the end of March. I fell off the wagon in the worse way and can't seem to get back on. I'm newly retired and still not making even a dent in the ever-growing stash. But instead of hours spent in the sewing room, I find I spend most of my time surfing for more fabric. For instance, when I can pick up a yard of fabric at Connecting Threads for $2.00+ why wouldn't I pick up 10 yards at a time?! It's important to be thrifty :0). What a rush it is to tear into a new order of fabric. I'm on a first name basis with the postmaster. So then what do I do, tuck the new purchase(s) with the rest of the stash and start the cycle all over again. I have two tubs of fabric so full, neither will hold another piece of fabric, plus I almost get a hernia trying to move them around. I'll never live long enough to use it all, but I sure am having fun. Everyone needs to believe in something.....I believe I'll shop for more fabric!

lindy-2 05-10-2012 12:45 PM

im in the same boat but dont tell
dh he knows i have alot and i show him everything i get new but i dont think he has any idea how much i have i dont think i even know. its not very organized i cant sew in my sewing room theres no room i barly can get in there to cut ive been known to take over the kichen table for that. my go cutter lives beside my couch and my long arm and sewing desk have pushed everything but the couch and china cabinet out off the living room. come to think off it i have a great DH and i should realy reward him.

Quiltaddict 05-10-2012 01:28 PM

I know how you feel. When I first moved in here I turned my family room into my sewing room. There is also a small storage room attached where I store most of my fabric. But I have fabric and projects in my guest room closet (no room for clothes). There are projects on the top shelf of my walk-in closet, and tubs of batting and fabric stacked in the corner of my bedroom. At one point I even had tubs of fabric stacked in my bathtub which I never use (use the shower in the other bathroom).