Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hello my name is Luv, and Im a fabri-holic..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hello-my-name-luv-im-fabri-holic-t188580.html)

diamondee 05-12-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5207052)
I am shocked and dismayed, at the reckless treatment of precious fabric! :shock: Seriously, though . . . this started me thinking. Ya know how some people keep cases of books, on display, in the study or wherever (I've actually never had a "study" but it sounds nice)? Well, why not cases of fabric, on display? It'd be quite pretty . . . . All we need is some fabriholic celebrity, to start the trend . . . .

Oh My then fabric will be even more expensive!

susan... 05-12-2012 09:41 AM

if we don't keep buying fabric...the stores will close...the economy will take a downturn...we are just helping the stability of the world with our fabric buying.

Rose_P 05-12-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5207052)
I am shocked and dismayed, at the reckless treatment of precious fabric! :shock: Seriously, though . . . this started me thinking. Ya know how some people keep cases of books, on display, in the study or wherever (I've actually never had a "study" but it sounds nice)? Well, why not cases of fabric, on display? It'd be quite pretty . . . . All we need is some fabriholic celebrity, to start the trend . . . .

Good idea, I agree, and Neesie, every time I read one of your posts the expression in that avatar dachshund's eyes just seems to go along with it precisely!

Much of my stash is currently spread out on the guest room bed, where I really don't mind the way it looks. I told DH I have to buy more plastic bins, even though I don't have any more room for them. They will just have to look decorative. I also told him I need a Kindle so that I can donate a lot of books to the library and make room for more fabric. He is very nice not to say anything rude. I also mentioned that we need a bigger house. He thinks I'm kidding.

nannyrick 05-12-2012 11:01 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. You are not alone by any means. When you feel the need the need to
"go to a meeting", we are here for you.

roseirish48 05-12-2012 11:05 AM

6 rubbermaid tubs in storage space in basement, two more in bedroom closet, two in dining room next to machine (one of those is scraps only)plus six boxes of varying sizes under basement steps and two or three bags in bedroom. I end up going to store when i decide on a specific pattern as never feel i have right amount in my stash of any one color. I cruise the thrift stores and usually cannot resist buying one or two or ? number of pieces of fabric that catch my eye. any yard sale that has fabric gets my attention also. I have friends who also check out yard sales for me or when they spring clean, save any fabric finds for me. Over half my stash is fabric i have inherited from family members as everyone knows I quilt and would put it to good use. And thats not counting all the books i've bought or the eight different quilt magazines i subscribe too. Call me a fabri-holic if you wish, She who sews last--had the bigger stash!

kymawmaw 05-12-2012 12:05 PM

glad I didnt miss this meeting..Hello I am Joy..Im a fabric-holic! LMAO could have a worse habit I reckon.

nancyw 05-12-2012 12:56 PM

I sew on the second floor in a spare bedroom. I cut in the spare bedroom down the hall. My stash is in the basement as are my books and magazines. Consider yourself luky if you get everthing in the same room.

shelrox 05-12-2012 03:40 PM

Oh come on now dont be so hard on yourself for you are not alone by no means. I got back from NJ and spent yesterday in my room trying to put up new fabrics and all the stuff I took with me to work with whilst away. Imagine my surprise when I moved a pile of batting to find yards and yards of fabric I forgot were there? I spent a couple of hours cutting 2 1/2 x 4's and 2 1/2 x 6s for a stacked quilt and loads of 2 1/2 " squares. then I got to thinking i should get to working on stuff that my DD and DGD are waiting on, didnt happen! But i was so proud of what i did and when DH noticed that was my reward. Now to get working on projects that need to be done.

EllenwoodGa 05-12-2012 04:10 PM

I also have my fabric in plastic bins, I only have four. The problem is that I never use that fabric, I buy new fabric each time I start a new project. What is that about?

NUBQ 05-12-2012 04:19 PM

Hi QB..I have read through this thread thoroughly...You 'all' are really scaring me!! I have a small house in CA. Sure not 2/3 stories for fabric storage... Today, a seasoned quilter gave me 2 boxes of fabric ..I was SO happy! Just like Christmas! Please!! Let me keep only what I can use soon..and not hoard it! Thanks for this board..LOL!
I do kind of understand though..Being a fabric saleperson years ago...