Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP, any advice about a Husqvarna Viking Meqa Quilter Sewing Machine ??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-any-advice-about-husqvarna-viking-meqa-quilter-sewing-machine-t193695.html)

TnBecky 07-05-2012 08:04 AM

HELP, any advice about a Husqvarna Viking Meqa Quilter Sewing Machine ???

It is a straight line quilting machine up to 1,600 stitches per minute.It comes with a 10ft. frame. Can anyone tell me if they have ever heard of this machine & is it any good? I have found one & don't know if it is woth the price. I am new to all of this so please any help or advice is greatly apprecited. :)

donnalynett 07-05-2012 08:58 AM

I have drooled over one however our local Viking dealer quit carrying them so it does make me wonder why. If I remember right it was about $7000.

TnBecky 07-05-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by donnalynett (Post 5340947)
I have drooled over one however our local Viking dealer quit carrying them so it does make me wonder why. If I remember right it was about $7000.

Well I waited to long. :( While I was looking at reviews on the net it was sold. She wanted $1000.00. Anyway thanks for your reply. :D

Lori S 07-05-2012 09:50 AM

Not all the mega quilters are sold with a quilting frame. It is an option when buying from a dealer. They sell the base machine with a extension type table for doing piece work, or non- frame type quilting.

ontheriver 07-05-2012 03:32 PM

I have the mega quilter, has about 9in throat so I only get up to about 41/2 in of quilting space but I love it. I have it on a homemade frame. This machine works great for me, never have had to adjust tension in over 3 years and it will sew with any thread with no prob. I had it table top before I got the frame and that is how I learned to FMQ. I think I paid about 2 or 3,000 for it. Now for smaller things I don't put on frame I just use a cheap brother but as soon as I can afford a long arm my mega will become my tabletop quilter.

TnBecky 07-05-2012 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver (Post 5341710)
I have the mega quilter, has about 9in throat so I only get up to about 41/2 in of quilting space but I love it. I have it on a homemade frame. This machine works great for me, never have had to adjust tension in over 3 years and it will sew with any thread with no prob. I had it table top before I got the frame and that is how I learned to FMQ. I think I paid about 2 or 3,000 for it. Now for smaller things I don't put on frame I just use a cheap brother but as soon as I can afford a long arm my mega will become my tabletop quilter.

I could just kick myself for not calling about this machine sooner. :eek: At least if I ever run across another ad like this one I won't wait to long. Thanks for letting me know about your machine. :D

mighty 07-05-2012 06:09 PM

I have both the 9in mega quilter and the 18x8 on an imperial frame. I love them!!!!!!!

Silver Needle 07-05-2012 06:17 PM

TnBecky. I have sent you a private message.

slk350 07-05-2012 06:43 PM

I was looking at one also a while back. It was the mega quilter on a 10' or 12' frame. Practically brand new. I think they wanted $1500. I was concerned about the amount of quilting space also because of the throat space, but it's better than what I have now...NOTHING

romanojg 07-09-2012 04:52 AM

I actually have this machine and it is one of the best. Well, let me be specific. There are two mega quilters, a 9 in and a 18 in. Both have the same speed, do a straight stitch, no fancy stitches but are really good.You don't say what the price is but it would depend on which machine you are talking about. The 18in is alot more than the 9in. I just put my 9in with a crib size Gracie frame up for sale on CL due to fincial problems but if you can get a mega quilter you won't be disapointed. They do need to be oiled each day though. They aren't finicky when it comes to thread and I never had problems with the tension. Mine has a knee bar, thread cutter, needle threader, extension table and I think this is standard on all of them.

You will find that the 9in are going to be harder to find since they are no longer being made. I would love to keep mine; which was my intentions when I bought the Ruby. You can get lots of infor on the 18 at Viking's website. Good luck and I'd say the next time if you get a good deal and can then go for it. Just make sure to test it out first and go to the manufactuers website and see what they say or google it. You'll always get reviews and normally this site will be one of them.