Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help with BHMQ Alletaire blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-bhmq-alletaire-blocks-t295430.html)

Battle Axe 03-12-2018 03:46 AM

Help with BHMQ Alletaire blocks

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590645[/ATTACH]I always seem to get in trouble when I change colors on one of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilts. I saw something on Pinterest but I must not have gotten it right because these two blocks don't go together the way hers did. I have all the green and orange ones done, but only this purple one. I think it is the light purple small half triangles that need to be more like the grey green in the corner of the other block.

Bonnie Hunter is coming to my local area in 18 months. So I'd like to show the top at the show and tell. What have I done wrong? Besides spell it wrong. Allietare.

SusieQOH 03-12-2018 04:08 AM

Firstly, your blocks are beautiful.
While looking at the other photo it doesn't appear to have any orange in the blocks. So I was thinking maybe just change the purple since you have the orange blocks completed? My monitor doesn't show orange, more like gold maybe.

Battle Axe 03-12-2018 06:05 AM

That first picture with the coral (orange)/green block and the purple one is pretty much reality. Maybe the dark purple in the purple block is too dark. Thanks for the info. You tried to put in a thread that was pulled. I wanted to read that one. What'sup?

Marcia

pewa88 03-12-2018 08:50 AM

Yes, Battle Axe I agree. Something in the purple block needs to be close to the same colors as in the star block. That will unify the blocks. Beautiful blocks! I am jealous as I would love to be in one of her workshops.

joe'smom 03-12-2018 02:26 PM

Allietare was designed with two colors (red, gold) and three neutrals (light, gray, black). You currently have an extra color here, if you count your light and dark purples separately. Your 'red' should be used in both blocks. So if you're going by the pattern, you should eliminate the dark purple in the second block and replace it with the orange.

IrishNY 03-12-2018 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm attaching a picture of my finished Allietare quilt. I hope it helps.

Edited to say sorry that it's sideways. I've never had that happen before.

SusieQOH 03-12-2018 04:38 PM

Marcia, I don't know what thread you're referring to. But then again, I'm still tired from setting the clocks ahead :D

Battle Axe 03-13-2018 02:47 AM

Lisa, (Joe's Mom) You are so right. I'm going to make one block and see how that looks. I have plenty of coral (orange) from the BHMQ On Ringo Lake. I became frustrated with my progress and put that tub on the UFO shelf. Thanks. I just couldn't see it.

Marcia

AliKat 03-14-2018 11:02 AM

Use graph paper and color in your new colors so you don't get confused. Or, better yet ask a friend with EQ to draw our the blocks and only print the outlines. Make copies and play with color.

Beachbaby12 03-14-2018 04:21 PM

Not sure of the answer to your question, but did want to compliment you on your beautiful blocks. I'd love to be in a workshop with Bonnie Hunter.