Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! I think I need an intervention! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-think-i-need-intervention-t180464.html)

ksdot417 02-24-2012 04:56 AM

I just like to think of it as 'stimulating the local economy'. It's a tough job, but I'm up for it.

luvTooQuilt 02-24-2012 05:13 AM

Its a disease and I don't want a cure !!!!
Ive gone past yards and buy by the bolt now... for the fear Ill never find THAT fabric anymore
Every nook and cranny has been taken up in my sewing room... It has begun to flow to the second guest bedroom
Its the warmest room in the house, has the best fabric insulation my eyes gaze upon...

Welcome to the Group... "My Name is Luv and Im a fabric-holic, textile investor, Cotton consumer, F.A.R.T. wannabe and a gadget junkie.. "

jcrow 02-24-2012 05:28 AM

I don't live near any Joann's or anything like that so I have to buy at my LQS and they don't usually have percentages off. One shop an hour away gives me 15% off because I drive there instead of going to the shops in my town. But, one day about a month before Christmas she has a huge sale. She opens at 6 am and if you come in your pj's, you get 40% off anything. 7 am you get 35% off, etc. Also, she lets you pick out everything you are going to buy a couple of weeks before the sale. I was the first person in and she grabbed my box of fabric (had my name on it) and I paid for it, in my pj's, and drove home. That's the best deal I can get. I live in a tiny town and all the cities around me are less than 15,000 people so shopping at a Joann's will never happen unless I travel hours away. I'm envious of all of you.

lillybeck 02-24-2012 05:30 AM

If you can afford it go for it. If it is causing financial stress stop.

Lori S 02-24-2012 05:38 AM

I use the excuse that mine is an inherited problem. I got the gene from my Mom. As further testimony to this being an inherited issue, all of my sisters got the same gene... so it must be a dominant gene. I also have cousins with the issue.

AprilG 02-24-2012 05:51 AM

OK, the problem, as I see it, is not that you can't stop buying fabric (at fantastic prices), but that you don't have enough time and money to buy all that you want! LOL You must stop and think! Do you really want that fabric? If NO, don't buy it. If YES, what's the problem? You go girl!!!! Don't let a little thing like a husband slow you down. seriously, though, If you can ger fabric at those prices, and you really like the fabric, and you can afford it, go get it. Build your stash, eventually you will start using it (giving you the excuse to buy more). It is an endless circle. Welcome to the FSW club. (Fabric Stashers of the World). Stashers Unite!!!!!!

wolph33 02-24-2012 05:52 AM

do not fight the feeling-just roll with it.oh wait I am an enabler ,sorry.

pinkberrykay 02-24-2012 06:00 AM

Ask me how I know??? It seems I can't get enough:D

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5003054)
Ah! And just wait until the vintage machine addiction starts!! :D

valleyquiltermo 02-24-2012 06:07 AM

I'm happy to report there is NO AAA for us we won't allow it, so just enjoy your addiction I know I do, LOL.
Oh yeah I also enjoy the vintage machine addiction, it's all good.

mighty 02-24-2012 06:24 AM

Wish I could but I have it to and the vintage machine addiction!!!!!