Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help locating pp'd block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-locating-ppd-block-t283811.html)

Barb in Louisiana 11-16-2016 09:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have EQ7. I took one of the 8 point stars in the block library and added the additional splits to all the star points. Then I chose Print, Foundation Pattern, Options - 6 inch block and moved the pieces just slightly so that all fit on the same page. Hope this helps you out. I would measure your printout, if you try to use these pieces, and make sure you get 3 inches wide on the pieces.

Neither of these blocks are made with a Y seam for the side. If you want either of the patterns with the Y let me know and I'll make the changes.

Battle Axe 11-17-2016 03:33 AM

Thanks to Barb in Louisiana for all that work. I have EQ7 but am just not up to speed on it yet. And I see you got it done at 12:40 A. M.

NJ Quilter 11-17-2016 04:48 AM

Once again, thank you all! The knowledge base here is just amazing. Barb, thank you so very much for doing those PDF's! I'm able to print those out!

And QuiltE - thanks also for the drafting instructions. Might have to play around with that when I'm a bit more awake!

I did also manage how to figure out how to get the block printed as a single block in EQ5 (on the print menu; on options tab; de-select 'separate units).

Somehow I think among all of these solutions I can move forward with this project. I'll do some test blocks to see which is best for me and then go shopping! Lancaster, here I come!

Thanks again to everyone!

QuiltE 11-17-2016 06:22 AM

Thanks NJQuilter! ... the PP EQ patterns that BarbInLouisiana created are the same as how I was trying to explain for doing it on paper. You don't need this now, but another time ... with the EQ5 full block view you created, you could cut each section apart, add on the seam allowances, and avoid needing to work with the templates from your original pattern.

BarbInLouisiana ... Great work!

Barb in Louisiana 11-17-2016 03:54 PM

Awwww....you gals are so nice. I love playing in EQ7. Eventually I may really know what I am doing. "smile"

Kris P 11-18-2016 04:22 AM

Gosh, now I wish I knew how to paper piece! You ladies are amazing!

Jingle 11-18-2016 02:14 PM

Nothing to contribute, I think it is a beautiful pattern.

LyndaOH 11-18-2016 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This block is included in Jennifer Chiaverini's Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, called "Silver and Gold". You'll find it in EQ under that name with a few extra seams on the corners, with Y seams. Having pieced it myself, I can tell you it's not ideal for paper piecing because of the sixteen points meeting in the center. Even without the paper it's quite a chore to put together. I recommend lots of patience and deep breathing! Here's my finished block:

Kassaundra 11-18-2016 04:16 PM

FPP a 16 point star? In 6 inch blocks for a king sized bed?????? Good luck!!!!!

Kassaundra 11-18-2016 04:23 PM

Have you thought about using a striped fabric? If you found a 2 color stripe in the colors you want to use w/ a wide enough stripe to fit each point and fussy cut the spot in the stripe, you could get the look of the 16 point star w/ only 8.