Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help Me Decide..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-decide-t129932.html)

rob529 06-13-2011 07:03 PM

Your room now is beautiful. Love the light. Thought of going down into a dark basement would really depress me. Think of all the quilting time you would miss while you are getting the basement ready. It seems like the basement would seperate you from the main part of the home. I get no work done when I have to be too far away. Don't like to be isolated.

Peg Hammond 06-13-2011 07:13 PM

Whenever I have been allocated a room "down stairs" I feel like I am in a dungeon....

Ms Elaine Va 06-13-2011 09:44 PM

If you plan to sell your house the craft/sewing room would be better in the basement. The house would show better with a bedroom on the main level. buyers have trouble seeing a bedroom with alot of sewing things- no matter how neat they are.
But if it is for you then stay where you are comfortable. To another sewer the room looks wonderful!!

katigirl 06-14-2011 12:11 AM

With the uncertainty of how long you would be there, I would stay put. Current room looks great.

trrmite 06-14-2011 12:45 AM

I am the odd ball here.After reading all the responds and seeing the pictures of your lower lever, it is no dungeon If you are planning to sell, a basement bedroom does not show well. You would more than likely be advise move it to the upper level. (would you buy a house with a basement bedroom?) As for painting --there paint on the market that are low lever odor and one coat (primer and paint) all in one. There also natural light bulbs. With good planning you could be up and running in 3 to 4 days. Painters in one day, movers(from a moving company) day 2, putting your stuff away day 3. Because of the up-scale area (vacation homes, $$$$ income level of the poconos) consider the move perprep while you enjoy the addition space.

Nancy Ingham 06-14-2011 09:45 AM

Your current sewing studio is just beautiful and in my opinion you would miss the natural light.

northdakota 06-14-2011 05:50 PM

I have a large sewing room in the basement and I don't mind being down their but I would much rather have a place with natural lighting..In the winter I bring my machine upstairs to sew, even thou I have heat. My suggestion is stay where you are ..it looks like a beautiful room.

travelingquilter 06-15-2011 12:04 PM

looks well organized and like you are not lacking for room; its when you need more space that you need to move. the natural light is a plus, too. if you need to spread out, you can always hang some florescent lights above if the regular lighting isn't enuf.

travelingquilter 06-15-2011 12:04 PM

looks well organized and like you are not lacking for room; its when you need more space that you need to move. the natural light is a plus, too. if you need to spread out, you can always hang some florescent lights above if the regular lighting isn't enuf.

Marvel 06-18-2011 12:58 PM

The room that you showed looks very convient. I think the nice light is an added boon. besides all the time you are moveing stuff downstairs and painting you could be creative with your materials.