Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help!!!Need a quilty idea (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-need-quilty-idea-t262680.html)

lynnie 03-15-2015 02:58 PM

Help!!!Need a quilty idea

for my 26 yo cousin. I've done it all, quilt, jewelry, place mats, towels. I need a quilty idea for her birthday in may. Even made her flip flops.

all ideas, no matter how small will be considered. thanks in advance.

pocoellie 03-15-2015 03:04 PM

How about a flip flop quilt? I've seen some pics of them, and they're very cute.

Neesie 03-15-2015 03:05 PM

neck pillow
draft guard
covered journal or scrapbook
coasters
holder to hang onto chair for remote controls
tote bag or grocery bag
candle mat w/candle
covered picture frame

(added)
small cosmetic-type bag for travel accessories
duffel bag

just_the_scraps_m'am 03-15-2015 03:06 PM

who can't use another great bag?

slbram17 03-15-2015 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7128895)
for my 26 yo cousin. I've done it all, quilt, jewelry, place mats, towels. I need a quilty idea for her birthday in may. Even made her flip flops.

all ideas, no matter how small will be considered. thanks in advance.

I like those roll it up pillowcases in nice fabric. Something different.

Jeanne S 03-15-2015 03:17 PM

How about a pretty, modern apron? Or large tote bag(s) for groceries. Or a couple of the little zippered boxy bags?

MsHeirloom 03-15-2015 03:19 PM

If you love her enough to tackle the pattern, the Bionic Gear bag has been super-appreciated by everyone I've made it for. It is very useful and can be made with a variety of quilting cottons. The cover can even be pieced!

RedGarnet222 03-15-2015 03:24 PM

I can tell you what the girls all loved in their stockings at Christmas. It was a little kiss lock nail accessory kit I bought at Steinmart. It was black and sparkly fabric on the outside and every little imaginable personal hygiene tool for emergencies on the inside. So cute and about 15.00! I had some pretty expensive things in their gift bags and that is what they all played with and thanked me profusely for. Goes to show you never know.

I am making wallets for my sister's in law for Christmas. I bought the elloise wallet by swoon, at craftsy (a download pattern). I will make them up in all different prints and hope for the best. LOL... I made my youngest sister a wallet and she gets lots of attention at the stores over it. So, I am hoping these will be as popular with them as it was with my sis.

Boston1954 03-15-2015 03:56 PM

Does she keep a journal? I got a quilted one for Christmas a couple of years ago and it is gorgeous. Will try to take a picture in a few minutes.

Neesie 03-15-2015 03:58 PM

Casserole cover w/casserole dish
Toaster or other appliance cover
MuuMuu
Decorated corkboard w/ribbons for holding photos
Apron with many pockets, for housecleaning supplies
Shawl with pockets
Something for car . . . trash bag, maybe
Decorated sun shield, for car
Crazy decorated T-shirt
Crazy sleep pants or shorts