Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help needed fixing my mistake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-needed-fixing-my-mistake-t281114.html)

Halo 08-08-2016 03:28 PM

Myself, I like the pink better. But of you like the yellow, then go for it. To me the yellow is to bland for the rest of your colors. Maybe a little brighter yellow. Also, I like what quiltmouse suggested with trying different colors scattered around.

Peckish 08-08-2016 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse (Post 7622527)
I agree you are too close. Back up & take more pictures.

Originally Posted by Reba'squilts (Post 7621965)
I agree, a picture from a longer distance would be good.

She did. See post # 24.

Skhf 08-09-2016 06:19 AM

I agree with you I don't like the pink. The pink needs to be brighter and more modern like the rest of your fabrics. The yellow, from the pic,anyway also does not seem to match the more modern feel of your other fabrics. Rip them out. You will be happier in the long run and it will not take any longer than your other methods. Please post when your quilt is complete. It looks like it will be fantastic.

Watson 08-09-2016 07:16 AM

Went through my stash and found a brighter yellow running towards the orange side with a faint red pattern on it. I think it's going to do great. I have most of it ripped, even some of it sewn back together! Will get pics once I get a block of four done.

Thanks to everyone who held my hand through this. :wave:

Watson

Bree123 08-09-2016 07:28 AM

So excited to see the new look! It occurred to me last night that potentially you could have avoided some of the thickness & shadowing problems by cutting away the pink fabric from the back side once you sewed the yellow on top. But I think that just replacing them outright will definitely look nicer. :)

tlpa 08-09-2016 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 7621444)
You could also make a (yellow?) circle and applique it on the pink squares so only a little of the pink peeks out. Circles like that would support the modern look.

I really like this idea....there are circles in the other fabrics so should blend in well. You could cut yellow circles and just place them on the pink to see if you like it before doing any of the work too.

Jeanne S 08-09-2016 10:06 AM

Much easier to rip out and replace than applique over them!! Sit down with your seam ripper in front of the TV one evening and you will be surprised how fast you get them out!

Monika 08-09-2016 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7621195)
I agree with joe'smom - more pictures would help. I see nothing wrong with the pink, but it's your quilt. Would it work to keep the blocks you've made, but make the new ones with yellow, and mix them up in the quilt? Then if you still hate the pink, I would start ripping it out. Other corrections may seem like they would take less time, but it will probably go pretty quickly, and really is the best solution - if you still hate the pink. (You've probably already spent more time thinking about other solutions than it would have taken to un-sew and replace the pink. I find I do that all the time.)

I'm with Dunster, you still may decide to unsew the block you have, but you may be good with some of each. BTW, looks like a great quilt. Please show us again when done.

Watson 08-10-2016 03:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
End result is nice and sunny.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555697[/ATTACH]
Watson

redstilettos 08-10-2016 03:53 AM

LOVE the end result! You did a great job, Watson!