Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help with quiltpattern please,just finished sandwich (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-quiltpattern-please-just-finished-sandwich-t52099.html)

granny_59 06-30-2010 01:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a couple of month ago I did not know that sandwich is not only food....
This babyblanket will be the first quilt I will give away outside of the family and I want it to be good, as I really had a lot of work so far.

If I would do FMQ do I have to make a different pattern on the borders or does all over pattern means it is made all over? What (easy) pattern would you make on it?
Having not much experience with FMQ should I better go with QID?
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

Granny

maybe you can see better here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84702[/ATTACH]

mcw1947 06-30-2010 01:07 PM

cannot ans. but want to say the quilt looks so nice ! I respect the time, effort and Love you put into it !

Jim's Gem 06-30-2010 01:13 PM

You can just do a meander all over the entire quilt and it would look great. You could do something different in the borders if you want but when I "meander" over a quilt I usually cover the whole quilt with the same pattern
Think of a large stipple. Or try a loop -de- loop, not real small.
I usually use a varigated thread when quilting like that.

JudyG 06-30-2010 01:20 PM

What a darling quilt. I agree, an all-over meandering stitch would be really nice.

Sewsweet 06-30-2010 01:23 PM

I love your quilt, an all-over would do.

granny_59 06-30-2010 01:24 PM

thanks so much.
With big stipple all over do you go by "rows"? And how do you make the pattern look like all over? I mean that the rows snug into each other............sorry cant explain any better

Jim's Gem 06-30-2010 01:48 PM

It's hard to explain without a picture, I'm at work and can't post one.
not by rows, by "area". You will want to look at the quilt and have all the stitching blend so that you can't really tell what the "area's" are. Or row for that matter
If someone else can't help you with a picture, I will try and check tonight when I get home to see if I have a picture of what I am talking about.
Hopefully someone else can help too!

granny_59 06-30-2010 01:53 PM

you are really a gem!

I have to drop out anyway as it is close to midnight over here. I know that website with the 365 quiltpatterns, but it irritates me that the lady is just showing them on little patches.
I dont have a clue on how to get them on a whole quilt.

thanks so much
Granny

saf45 06-30-2010 02:02 PM

your quilt is just beautiful

Fiber Artist 06-30-2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
You can just do a meander all over the entire quilt and it would look great. You could do something different in the borders if you want but when I "meander" over a quilt I usually cover the whole quilt with the same pattern
Think of a large stipple. Or try a loop -de- loop, not real small.
I usually use a varigated thread when quilting like that.

perfect