Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-t158240.html)

SewMomma66 10-05-2011 02:33 PM

You could sale some on here and then use that money to shop for new stuff.

SueSew 10-05-2011 02:33 PM

Sometimes even just taking fabrics out and resorting them is comforting. I do that with my jewelry when I want a new necklace!
Chin up, you can do it!

orangeroom 10-05-2011 02:36 PM

I agree with the many who've posted to check your stash. Sometimes you forget what's in your stash!

craftybear 10-05-2011 02:51 PM

go play in your sewing room and organize your fabrics, you will be surprised to find things you forgot about

have fun!

Originally Posted by tsnana2000
I am having fabric buying withdrawal symptoms. I just want to rush to a quilt shop or an online store and buy some fabric!!! I don't need it for anything in particular and really don't have a place for it and really don't have the extra money. But I still wanna buy some fabric!!!!

Ok I can get through this. I can do it. If I keep telling myself that I just might believe it. NOT!!

SuziC 10-05-2011 03:00 PM

Yes i agree...when i get that urge, i shop in my stash piles. Most of the time it works..........good luck!!!!

Tartan 10-05-2011 06:50 PM

Go look at all your fat quarters. Open them up and refold them in uniform sizes. Organize them in colour families and see if you really NEED anything.

Elginrunnerswife 10-05-2011 06:58 PM

Hahaha - I am right there with you!! I really don't like shopping in general (hubby is glad of that I am sure!! LOL), but put me in a fabric shop you can literally see my eyes glaze over and I get lost in there. There is a wonderful fabric wholesale store about 2 hours away from me and whenever we make that trip is when I try and get my fix.....but I am feeling the urge again myself......

MacThayer 10-05-2011 07:11 PM

Plan a project, and then go shop in your stash and don't come out until you have fulfilled every need for your project from your own stash. I did that when I was in the grips of a "need to buy fabric" addiction symptom, and we were broke. I also wrote down how much I figured each piece of fabric I took from my stash likely cost. Then I added it up and added the sales tax and something for shipping, for no doubt I'd have bought some on line. And then, believe it or not, I looked at that total amount and felt so much better! I had in fact just done some shopping, started a new project, acquired new fabrics (new again to me), and I hadn't spent a dime! What a marvel!

You have my most heartfelt sympathy for the pain you are feeling, and I offer that most sincerely.

lynnegreen 10-05-2011 07:16 PM

I "have" to go to JoAnn's tomorrow to get some batting and am hoping I can just walk in, grab what I actually need, and not look at any fabric. If I went to my LQS for the batting I would surely be doomed and come home with spontaneous fabric purchase!

Cybrarian 10-05-2011 07:24 PM

If you feel you absolutely must buy something use this urge to check out thrift stores in your area. Set an amount you can afford like $5 or $10 and only take that with you. No cards,checks or extra cash. See if you can find any great bargins.