Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP !!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-t85311.html)

Carol J. 12-27-2010 06:50 AM

Make sure you put the needle in correctly, the flat side to the back, it makes a world of difference and is so simple to take care of in most cases.

Carol J.

bigsister63 12-27-2010 07:20 AM

Some things to consider if this happens again- test tension due to straight stitching on top ususally means top tension is too tight. Change needle,check needle to make sure inserted correctly, lower pressure foot and gently pull thread- needle should bend stightly which means top thread is correct in tension guide, check threading on both bobbin and top, make sure bobbin thread and top thread are same or compatible by testing on different material, change all thread and test to see if thread is issue. Lastly take break.

Suzy 12-27-2010 08:10 AM

Did you adjust the pressure tension? Put more pressure on the needle when only stitching the 2 layers. That's if you have a knob or lever for the pressure. I release that tension for free motion quilting then put it back for piecing.

good Luck

Suzy

gellybean402 12-27-2010 08:10 AM

Do you have a fabric type adjustment on your machine? ie, light, medium heavy? Sometimes if I am sewing with heavy fabric and I have it on lightweight fabric I have that same problem.

Darlene's 12-27-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
Some things to consider if this happens again- test tension due to straight stitching on top ususally means top tension is too tight. Change needle,check needle to make sure inserted correctly, lower pressure foot and gently pull thread- needle should bend stightly which means top thread is correct in tension guide, check threading on both bobbin and top, make sure bobbin thread and top thread are same or compatible by testing on different material, change all thread and test to see if thread is issue. Lastly take break.

lol gotcha bigsister :thumbup:

gellybean402 12-27-2010 09:43 AM

Do you have a fabric type adjustment on your machine? ie, light, medium heavy? Sometimes if I am sewing with heavy fabric and I have it on lightweight fabric I have that same problem.

qwltnfool 12-27-2010 10:03 AM

I have had this problem on my Bernina, but only after breaking a needle.(became loose/fell out during sewing - ouch!) When the needle broke, it messed up the timing and according to the tech, I can't fix it. It needs to be taken in for repair. Thankfully, I have another machine. If yours is newer and 'something' happened, this might be the reason.

omaknits 12-27-2010 10:29 AM

I would call my sewing machine shop and get tech support. I don't know the type of machine you have, but if is not tension, not needing cleaning and you have rethreaded and put in a new needle, then CALL the pros!!

Pat in Colorado

BellaBoo 12-27-2010 10:56 AM

This happens to me sometimes when I use my older machines. It's always the bobbin thread has slipped out of the bobbin casing threading hole. The top thread will look like one long line of thread laying on the stitch. I was told a new bobbin case would correct the thread from slipping out if it became a constant frustration.

keesha_ont 12-27-2010 12:06 PM

SOmetimes the thread is not the right thread for your machine...