Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP !!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-t85311.html)

blueheavenfla 12-28-2010 02:09 AM

Sometimes, in a case like this when I have tried all the above good suggestions, I run a piece of WAXED dental floss through the thread path and run it back and forth through the tension. I has helped me out many times.

Qwiltylady 12-28-2010 02:39 AM

The last time that happened to me I finally found a big chunk of lent under the throat plate between the feed dogs. As soon as I cleaned it out and returned the setting I had changed to their original place it went back to sewing fine again.

Dee 12-28-2010 08:14 PM

Check your tension.

QM 12-29-2010 03:46 AM

I have had this problem and done all of the suggested things. I then called my sewing machine store and got the actual repair man!!!! His suggestion worked. loosen the top tension all of the way. Clean the tension plates. You almost certainly have lint there. You might also have lint under the tension plate of the bobbin. Plan on using a scrap to check the tension after you are done.

sunshineglenda 12-29-2010 09:14 AM

If the bottom thread is sewing badly adjust the top tension
If the top thread is sewing badly adjust the bobbin tension

I had a simular problem a while back and I had to have it repaired. My machine is a Pfaff Computerized so sometimes something happens to the tension and it has to be repair by a tech.

honeybee_2000 12-29-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene's
I have wasted over 2 hrs trying to figure this out !!
My machine is sewing a great stitch on the bottom but the top is ALMOST straight !! like its not going down in the material.
I have changed bobbin thread.....top thread.....new needle...adjusted tension ... and still nothing has fixed this !!
But the first 4 stitches are right then it goes almost straight.
Any advice?? I now have a headache lol :?: :?:

I am trying to piece a quilt so, 2 layers of cotton fabric.
I have rethreaded 3 times.
I have cleaned bobbin shaft free of lint.
Its got to be in the tension but I cant figure it out, I have adjusted alittle here and there but nothing is helping.
# 11 needle since I'm only doing 2 layers. (new)

My machine did this not long ago and I found out that my bobbin case which has a tiny screw in it needed adjusting. It was too loose. Maybe this will help.

franie 12-29-2010 09:47 AM

go out and buy a new machine--that's my suggestion. HA HA I say this because I think Darlene plans to do this today! Waiting for results...

debbie1983 12-29-2010 09:28 PM

try running a piece of paper through the tension disk--go all the way into the disk and around there maybe a tiny piece of lint in there --that's a trick a repairman taught me

QM 12-30-2010 01:31 AM

Yes, I had a similar problem with lint in the feed dogs, hidden way in the back. Lint loves to hide and mess things up. (My machine guy says he's never seen anyone who uses a machine as heavily as I do, even with my frequent cleaning and oiling.)