Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Helping a Quilting Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/helping-quilting-wife-t123616.html)

Krystyna 05-17-2011 03:07 AM

A thread rack! I wish I could find the photo, but one of the embroidery groups I belong to had a member's picture of the most amazing thread rack. It looked like it was made from the frame of a folding louvered door with thread holder rods running across. It was fabulous.

sewsalot 05-17-2011 03:11 AM

My husband made me a big board for ironing, I wouldn't be without it. He is very supportive of my quilting in many ways, but the things he has made for me are the best!!

stlcoons 05-17-2011 03:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I love the quilting RV idea! Recently, we remodeled the basement (my studio) adding a bathroom, updated electricity and updated lighting. One of the best things was purchasing linking 24 inch flourescent lights and adding them to the underside of my longarm. I can turn on just the middle ones or as many as I like. It lights up very well so I can see the underside of the quilt and the quality of stitching. I hope the picture helps. If she uses mirrors on the table, it reduces the amount of bending and such for quality control. Good question by the way!

underside lighting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198170[/ATTACH]

judi wess 05-17-2011 04:04 AM

Really good ideas above. The best gift I received was a chair from the office supply that can be raised and lowered. It rolls around, swivels and can be adjusted for back support. Before this chair came to live in my sewing room, I suffered aching back, arms and neck. I can now sit at the machine for longer periods of time without pain.

judi wess 05-17-2011 04:05 AM

Really good ideas above. The best gift I received was a chair from the office supply that can be raised and lowered. It rolls around, swivels and can be adjusted for back support. Before this chair came to live in my sewing room, I suffered aching back, arms and neck. I can now sit at the machine for longer periods of time without pain.

DeeBooper 05-17-2011 04:05 AM

Drive her to a couple quilt shops and take her out to lunch! I would love that!

DeeBooper 05-17-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by MyWifeMadeME
Wow!! Lots of ideas... I have surprised her with a trip to the hot springs and a massage... driven 150 miles to Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC just so she can look for fabric, and several others,,, BUT, look at all the other ideas!!!! THANKS!!!

Do you have a brother?????????????

Debbie C 05-17-2011 04:52 AM

Can we clone you?

patchitpat 05-17-2011 04:53 AM

How about a good comfy chair thats adjustable

MyWifeMadeME 05-17-2011 04:55 AM

I have no brother, but, if you can clone me just send my commission in the mail. These are some really great ideas and thanks to all who have commented. As for making dinner naked, I really don't want her to lose her appetite. lol