Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hexie papers- Huge! Any ideas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hexie-papers-huge-any-ideas-t290852.html)

SusieQOH 08-31-2017 10:32 AM

Hexie papers- Huge! Any ideas?

Hi everyone, I ordered some hexi papers from Paper Pieces after seeing some lovely quilts on the board.
I ordered 2.5 inches and they are huge!
I now realize that measurement is of the corners, not the diameter.

I don't know what to do with these things. I'm so mad at myself!!
Any ideas? They don't look like they will be very pretty :(

Sue

KalamaQuilts 08-31-2017 10:34 AM

call the shop and return them for credit towards the size you want

Faintly Artistic 08-31-2017 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently finished a hexie quilt and the sides measure 3.5". I didn't use papers though, just cut with my regular ruler and hand pieced. It was fun and the giant hexies are kind of cool :). It's twin sized.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579839[/ATTACH]

SusieQOH 08-31-2017 11:05 AM

Faintly, that's beautiful!! Maybe I should keep them. I love doing handwork at night.
Yours is so nice and all done by hand? WOW
Thanks

quiltingcandy 08-31-2017 11:05 AM

How many did you order? I really love the quilt Faintly Artistic made. What size did you really want. I have bought from Paper Pieces they are very reasonable and want to keep their customers coming back. You could at least send them an e-mail and ask if you don't want to call.

SusieQOH 08-31-2017 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 7897787)
How many did you order? I really love the quilt Faintly Artistic made. What size did you really want. I have bought from Paper Pieces they are very reasonable and want to keep their customers coming back. You could at least send them an e-mail and ask if you don't want to call.

I emailed them and got an almost immediate reply. They said they'd be happy to exchange them. I ordered 200 pieces. I'm not sure what size I wanted to be honest, but way smaller.
Nice people to do business with, for sure.
Not sure what I'll do. I love Faintly Artistic's quilt !!

dunster 08-31-2017 11:56 AM

Faintly, that is a gorgeous quilt!

bearisgray 08-31-2017 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7897812)
Faintly, that is a gorgeous quilt!

I am smiling as I look at it. :-)

Geri B 08-31-2017 01:06 PM

I think you should keep the size you have. Since you've not done hexies before this would be a good size to begin with......remember, you can fussy cut some at that size and make some cool design features. Btw did you also order the acrylic template for that size papers...if not, when you do,order the one with the 3/8" seam allowance rather than 1/4".....easier to work with.imho.....and don't forget the glue stick rather than basting those papers!

lots2do 08-31-2017 01:06 PM

Lovely quilt. I'm starting a new hexie project. You start with one in the middle as if for a Grandmother's Flower Garden flowerand keep adding rings around and around. I hope that makes sense. A friend of mine has started one and I love how it looks.