Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HEY PATRICE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hey-patrice-t856.html)

kathy 03-29-2007 09:43 AM

well imak i'm glad you cleared that up because i for one am always curious about peoples names on here. either on march 30 or april 2 patrice promised to put up the links for the april blocks, we had a bit of confusion but it's all cleared up now and we'll be seeing those april links real soon, sorry bout your knee, hope it's better real soon
kathy

zyxquilts 03-29-2007 10:05 AM

Hi all - well, I'm at work, but taking a short break :D
I'm glad we can be here for each other - isn't technology great?!
I'll be taking my first real vacation in years starting a week from Saturday - 2 weeks of driving around the country! First stop is to see my Dad in AZ...we're throwing him a huge party in May - the BIG 90! He's healthy & taking care of my step-mom. I'm so lucky to still have both parents, altho' Mom is in an Alzheimer's care facility. She's still VERY healthy, but every day is a NEW day for her now. My sister just called & said when she & my niece took Mom out to lunch this past weekend, Mom said "Well, look at that! There's my daughter & my mother!" Luckily my sister LAUGHED instead of getting her feelings hurt! :D When Mom was still living around the corner from me & I was looking after her, I couldn't have done it without my quilting friends & my other family-friends!
We all ROCK!!
sue

Norah 03-29-2007 10:45 AM

WE ALL ROCK!!! 8)

DebJ 06-12-2007 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ceannastahr
I too am alone most of the day well not actualy I take care of my Dad hes 84 doesn't walk or talk any more. So I don't get a chance to get out much can't leave him alone for more then an hour so I do every thing when he takes his nap. So this is my main connection to the outside world. My daughter call a few times a day but usualy needs or wants something when she dose. What I would give gor a day for myself and to be able to sleep for more then 2 hours at a time. I guess thats the price you pay when you have an 84 year old baby. Actualy I am very glad I still have my Dad with me . but there are those days lol

Just want to say thanks all of you for being here

Hey, I had to read your whole post for a minute there I thought I had posted it. I too am home most all the time with my 85 yr old Dad he walks with some difficulty but talks a plenty. Sometimes I want him to be quite, LOL. But am grateful he can talk. I also would like to have some of his men friends to come take him out with them for just a few hours so I could actually have the house all to my self for a little while, and not have anyone say where are you - what you doing etc. But at least he doesn't mind my spending time quilting. Good thing too! :lol:

zyxquilts 06-12-2007 10:09 PM

Ceannastahr & DebJ - I took care of my Mom (she'll be 83 in Nov.) for about 3 years by myself as she was getting farther along with Alzheimer's. My sisters & I moved her into a sort of group home last November & she is doing great. I didn't realize how stressed I was getting until she was there! But now she is in a SAFE place (she's a "wanderer")....and I still jump a little when someone walks by my front windows! She used to walk back & forth from her mobile home to mine all day long, so altho' every day is now a brand new day for her, she's in GREAT shape! lol I'm glad you can get a little bit of relief here with all of us. We can all use a break now & again.

sue

patricej 06-13-2007 03:12 AM

I have no idea whether you guys will find any new or useful information here, but i stumbled across this web address while looking for something unrelated:

http://www.caregiverstress.com/

Extreme Quilter 06-13-2007 04:24 AM

Patrice, thanks for posting that site. so many of us are caring for aged, frail parents here. It's so easy to forget that we are not alone. It's a difficult responsibility 24/7 with no time off for good behavior, no sacrosanct lunch hours or mandatory , paid vacation time. Quilting and chocolates are my therapies.

patricej 06-13-2007 08:17 AM

was the site of any help?

ceannastahr 06-13-2007 08:21 AM

Yes I found some interesting things there thanks

Extreme Quilter 06-14-2007 05:05 AM

I bookmarked the "Resources" section, which I found particularly helpful. Thanks.