Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hi friends, I want to know something about Bargelo Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hi-friends-i-want-know-something-about-bargelo-quilt-t264821.html)

SilviaDiana 05-04-2015 04:59 AM

Hi friends, I want to know something about Bargelo Quilt

I want to do a bargelo quilt in round, help me find a pattern for free? I cant buy out of my country for Argentina's law. Thanks.

Silvia

Tartan 05-04-2015 06:10 AM

The 9 or 10 degrees ruler will give you a circle shape. If you don't have the ruler, you can make yourself a cardboard template and use a regular ruler along sides the cardboard to cut your wedges from a strata of fabric. You might have some luck looking for a Bargello tree skirt pattern?

cjsews 05-04-2015 06:31 AM

If you can find the 10 degree ruler there is a pattern included. For a Bargello yo need several fabics. I did one with 18 fabrics. This gave 2 waves around the circle.

tessagin 05-04-2015 06:35 AM

would love to see a pic, if you still have it.

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 7185680)
If you can find the 10 degree ruler there is a pattern included. For a Bargello yo need several fabics. I did one with 18 fabrics. This gave 2 waves around the circle.

elnan 05-04-2015 06:59 AM

There is a 50" diameter round quilt that has been available for about 5 or more years, FREE download. www.redroosterquilts.com/shop/product/freebird-free-circle-quilt-pattern/ . If this does not take you there, google "Freebird by MoMo for Moda", or "Freebird Downloadable Circle Quilt Pattern". In my view, this qualifies as a bargello design. At one time I could find this on the Moda site for free patterns, but a look today did not find it, probably archived. I think you could make the size larger by using a yardstick to extend your 9 degree cutting template. The pattern instructions prints out to 4 pages. Click on the Free Download that is below the picture, clicking at the top will have you going through all of the patterns. Please let everyone know how your quilt turns out.

cjsews 05-04-2015 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of the circle bargello that I made. It was a fun class that I took last year.[ATTACH=CONFIG]518845[/ATTACH]

Angel Bear 05-04-2015 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 7186112)
This is a picture of the circle bargello that I made. It was a fun class that I took last year.[ATTACH=CONFIG]518845[/ATTACH]

I love this quilt. Do you know the name of the pattern or where I can find it? Thanks!

cjsews 05-04-2015 04:26 PM

This is a Cheryl Phillips design from "quilts without corners" it is easier than it looks

mmac71 05-04-2015 05:30 PM

Hi friends, I want to know something about Bargelo Quilt
I want to do a bargelo quilt in round, help me find a pattern for free? I cant buy out of my country for Argentina's law. Thanks.
I tried the link listed and it worked. Looks like you could sew your strips and then us a 10 degree ruler.
Marie

Kitsie 05-05-2015 07:42 AM

What a beauty! Love the colors!

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 7186112)