Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hi friends, I want to know something about Bargelo Quilt

Hi friends, I want to know something about Bargelo Quilt

I want to do a bargelo quilt in round, help me find a pattern for free? I cant buy out of my country for Argentina's law. Thanks.

Silvia
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-04-2015 at 05:21 AM. Reason: pm

Power Poster
    The 9 or 10 degrees ruler will give you a circle shape. If you don't have the ruler, you can make yourself a cardboard template and use a regular ruler along sides the cardboard to cut your wedges from a strata of fabric. You might have some luck looking for a Bargello tree skirt pattern?

If you can find the 10 degree ruler there is a pattern included. For a Bargello yo need several fabics. I did one with 18 fabrics. This gave 2 waves around the circle.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    would love to see a pic, if you still have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
    If you can find the 10 degree ruler there is a pattern included. For a Bargello yo need several fabics. I did one with 18 fabrics. This gave 2 waves around the circle.

There is a 50" diameter round quilt that has been available for about 5 or more years, FREE download. www.redroosterquilts.com/shop/product/freebird-free-circle-quilt-pattern/ . If this does not take you there, google "Freebird by MoMo for Moda", or "Freebird Downloadable Circle Quilt Pattern". In my view, this qualifies as a bargello design. At one time I could find this on the Moda site for free patterns, but a look today did not find it, probably archived. I think you could make the size larger by using a yardstick to extend your 9 degree cutting template. The pattern instructions prints out to 4 pages. Click on the Free Download that is below the picture, clicking at the top will have you going through all of the patterns. Please let everyone know how your quilt turns out.
    Last edited by elnan; 05-04-2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: more info

This is a picture of the circle bargello that I made. It was a fun class that I took last year.Name:  034.JPG
Views: 1387
Size:  653.3 KB

This is a picture of the circle bargello that I made. It was a fun class that I took last year.Name:  034.JPG

I love this quilt. Do you know the name of the pattern or where I can find it? Thanks!
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

This is a Cheryl Phillips design from "quilts without corners" it is easier than it looks

Blog Entries
    Hi friends, I want to know something about Bargelo Quilt
    I want to do a bargelo quilt in round, help me find a pattern for free? I cant buy out of my country for Argentina's law. Thanks.

I tried the link listed and it worked. Looks like you could sew your strips and then us a 10 degree ruler.
    Marie

Blog Entries
    What a beauty! Love the colors!

http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Lovely quilt.
    Liz Fairlie