Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby question... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-question-t283155.html)

Dina 10-20-2016 01:12 PM

Hobby Lobby question...

Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby restocks fabric on a regular basis?

I ask because I have made a "design change" and find I could really use two more yards of a fabric that I thought they always stocked. But when I looked today, there wasn't any. I have often seen fabric on the shelves that I bought years and years ago, so I may have made a wrong assumption, thinking they always had the same fabric.

Does anyone know?

I want to know that if I am patient, this fabric might appear again. :) I bought it about a month ago.

Dina

quiltingcandy 10-20-2016 01:16 PM

Why not ask them to order it for you? I know Joann's will if it something they still carry.

bkay 10-20-2016 01:51 PM

Can you try another Hobby Lobby. They seem to carry the same fabrics.

bkay

tessagin 10-20-2016 02:42 PM

Your selvage edge may help you to possibly get it online.

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 7681708)
Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby restocks fabric on a regular basis?

I ask because I have made a "design change" and find I could really use two more yards of a fabric that I thought they always stocked. But when I looked today, there wasn't any. I have often seen fabric on the shelves that I bought years and years ago, so I may have made a wrong assumption, thinking they always had the same fabric.

Does anyone know?

I want to know that if I am patient, this fabric might appear again. :) I bought it about a month ago.

Dina

daisydawg 10-20-2016 02:49 PM

You might look for it online, sometimes you can find it that way.

Jeanne S 10-20-2016 03:35 PM

I always thought they had a "core" of fabrics that are regularly restocked---I have seen some of them in stock for years. I agree your best bet is just to ask a clerk in the fabric section or try another HL store nearby.

sewbizgirl 10-20-2016 03:41 PM

Why don't you post a picture of it? Most of us have a Hobby Lobby nearby and could probably find it for you.

Dina 10-20-2016 04:23 PM

Thanks for all of your ideas. There is no information on the selvage, and I looked on my "sales receipt," thinking there might be an order number or something. There was just the yardage and price.

I need the extra fabric for borders that I hadn't planned on, so my current plan is to move on to something else and check Hobby Lobby every once in a while. I really think it will appear again. (They had several deep purples, just not the right one.)

I just need to be patient, or else change my plan. Again, thanks for the ideas.

Dina

geevee 10-20-2016 05:41 PM

Are you only looking in the store? They sell fabrics online as well, maybe you could look on their site and see if it's there.

Quilty-Louise 10-20-2016 05:50 PM

Can you post a picture of the fabric? I can always check in my local stores
if I know what it looks like.