Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby vs Joann (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-vs-joann-t157670.html)

rrquilter 10-03-2011 01:18 PM

Who hoo! I'm in Vista, will come up to Temecula and check out the Hobby Lobby! Had those in Texas where I am originally from and haven't been to one in a million years.

HI THERE KAREN!!!!! Guess who....

yayaquilts 10-03-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by rrquilter
Who hoo! I'm in Vista, will come up to Temecula and check out the Hobby Lobby! Had those in Texas where I am originally from and haven't been to one in a million years.

HI THERE KAREN!!!!! Guess who....

Hi Robin!! How are you??? QB is such fun!! I'm in a Boomerang swap!! We should get together!! I just added you as a "buddy!" We can go to Hobby Lobby together sometime?!

tmg 10-04-2011 03:11 AM

To warn you Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays. I love the store. The people are always friendly. I don't shop at Joann's it is a hour drive. When I get there I have to pull my number then. Still wait about one and a half hours to get fabric cut (it could be just that store). Never ever have had to wait like at Hobby Lobby.

mummadee 10-04-2011 03:18 AM

Would love to have a Hobby Land, if for no other reason than to have a choice. Right now we only have JoAnns and a rather crappy one at that. Colonia, NJ seems to be the worst one ever. The ones in CT are lovely.

mama lyn 10-04-2011 03:47 AM

You are very blessed to be getting a Hobby Lobby. They have awesome merchandise including fabric. They are a great company that gives their employees Sunday off! I totally support them.

alwayslearning 10-04-2011 04:11 AM

People keep mentioning the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon. Jo Ann's also has coupons. I usually go with coupons from three sources: newspaper, mailings and on-line. Sometimes they are not 40%, but 50 or 60%.

Robinmg 10-04-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by frauhahn
I love Hobby Lobby! But, as said before, they don't have as much fabric as Joann's. They have really great decorator items and craft items, though. Even my husband likes to go-can't say the same for Joann's. And the coupon is terrific!!

I agree, however thier fabric is more expensive. Have bought other craft items cheaper though.

NUTMEG10 10-04-2011 04:32 AM

Our HL is fairly new and I just love it. It does have more craft then fabric but will say the quality of fabric beats what Joann has and price are reasonable and can be an additional 30% off.

flikkem 10-04-2011 04:46 AM

You can sign up on line to get coupons to use at Hobby Lobby. Our local newspapers also have ads (and coupons) that are pretty comprehensive as to what they offer for sale.

mucky 10-04-2011 04:47 AM

Hobby Lobby, at least in my area, doesn't have the variety that Joanns has. For instance no batiks. Shop both and you'll be fine. You could use a Joanns coupon and a Hobby Lobby coupoun all in the same day!