Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Horn Cabinet needs aftermarket castors for HWood floors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/horn-cabinet-needs-aftermarket-castors-hwood-floors-t122612.html)

kwendt 05-12-2011 01:06 PM

Hi all... question for you.

I need to find someplace where I can purchase 4 locking castors, and 3 non locking castors, for a heavy Horn cabinet that's sitting on a HardWood floor. The castors need to be the double wheel, rubber kind...and the large diameter size. I put HW castors on my drafting chair, and now the legs won't fit under the Horn cabinet by a small fraction. Need to replace the castors.

The store on Ebay where I purchased the chair castors, doesn't have them in locking format. The office stores around here do not have them in bulk, or the right size, plus they are cheap products. The Horn weighs at least 250lbs without anything loaded into it!

Thoughts? I've googled a bit, but since I don't have any experience with the online office supply discount places, I'm leary of placing an order until someone can give me a reference for em.

nativetexan 05-12-2011 01:15 PM

try any hardware store near you. even Home Depot or Lowes might have something that will work.

PaperPrincess 05-12-2011 01:15 PM

Lowe's? Home Depot? they both have web sites. Be prepared. They are expensive (but so was that cabinet!)

DogHouseMom 05-12-2011 01:17 PM

Menards/Lowes/Home Depot and probably Harbor Freight have a good supply. If you have access to a business that has an account with McMaster Carr - they've got more casters in their 15lb catalog than you can shake a stick at.

Ramona Byrd 05-12-2011 01:20 PM

Lowes, Home Depot and Orchard Supply. Any of these should
have them in stock.

Would simple blocks put under the cabinet work? Or must you move it around? If sol, I'm sure you can find the castors someplace, if not locally then online.

Kas 05-12-2011 01:35 PM

Put shorter casters on the chair!

Grama Lehr 05-12-2011 01:51 PM

Try Rocklers, their stuff is a tad bit pricey, but really well made!!
Go on line to find them.

craftybear 05-12-2011 02:30 PM

try Lowes, Home Depot or any hardware stores

Originally Posted by kwendt
Hi all... question for you.

I need to find someplace where I can purchase 4 locking castors, and 3 non locking castors, for a heavy Horn cabinet that's sitting on a HardWood floor. The castors need to be the double wheel, rubber kind...and the large diameter size. I put HW castors on my drafting chair, and now the legs won't fit under the Horn cabinet by a small fraction. Need to replace the castors.

The store on Ebay where I purchased the chair castors, doesn't have them in locking format. The office stores around here do not have them in bulk, or the right size, plus they are cheap products. The Horn weighs at least 250lbs without anything loaded into it!

Thoughts? I've googled a bit, but since I don't have any experience with the online office supply discount places, I'm leary of placing an order until someone can give me a reference for em.

scowlkat 05-12-2011 05:20 PM

Lowes has them I am sure.

Barb44 05-12-2011 07:04 PM

I've seen them at farm supply stores, too. They have really heavy duty rubber castors.