Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hot Srings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hot-srings-t139521.html)

gaumy 07-23-2011 09:20 PM

Thanks everyone for their reply...

lyndaloo 07-24-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by gaumy
I'm about 25 miles south west of Hot Springs.
Lynda

I live on the east side of Hot Springs...near Cutter Morning Star School...

I'm 5 miles east of Glenwood, looks like about 35 miles from you. Glad to know there's a board member so close! Hope you find a buddy there in Hot Springs. Where do you shop for fabric? Haven't been to Hancock's in ages, keep saying I'm going, but the heat keeps me in. I shop online most of the time.

tutt 07-24-2011 11:30 AM

I live in Bryant! My brother's kids and grandkids all went to Cutter!

gaumy 07-24-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
I live in Bryant! My brother's kids and grandkids all went to Cutter!

Would your brother's name be Richard by any chance...He lives next to me and is married to my neice..if this is the same one...

gaumy 07-24-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by lyndaloo

Lynda

I'm 5 miles east of Glenwood, looks like about 35 miles from you. Glad to know there's a board member so close! Hope you find a buddy there in Hot Springs. Where do you shop for fabric? Haven't been to Hancock's in ages, keep saying I'm going, but the heat keeps me in. I shop online most of the time.

Wow...that is neat..I teach a sewing/quilting class at my church and we take our quilt tops to Glenwood to get them quilted...
to "Fabric Creations"..in fact some of us are planning a trip there on Tuesday...
Hancocks in Hot Srings is remodeling their store...putting crafts in the front of the store and fabric in the back...I don't know about that...you really can't see the register the way they have the shelves arranged...I don't think that is a good idea...

gaumy 07-24-2011 12:28 PM

Lynda what sites do you shop from on line...
What are you working on now...
Do you have some pics posted on here...

tutt 07-24-2011 12:40 PM

Yes, that's my brother! Small world!

lyndaloo 07-24-2011 02:32 PM

It takes me all of 2 minutes to get to Fabric creations. Tiffany quilted 6 lap sized quilts for me a couple of months ago. I could pop in and meet you if I knew what time you'll be there!

Originally Posted by lyndaloo

Lynda

Wow...that is neat..I teach a sewing/quilting class at my church and we take our quilt tops to Glenwood to get them quilted...
to "Fabric Creations"..in fact some of us are planning a trip there on Tuesday...
Hancocks in Hot Srings is remodeling their store...putting crafts in the front of the store and fabric in the back...I don't know about that...you really can't see the register the way they have the shelves arranged...I don't think that is a good idea...

gaumy 07-25-2011 11:33 AM

OH MY...how funny...there is 1 house between him and me...LOL..
I think we are going to be there around 10:00 - 10:30...
that is about the time we are planning...hope to meet you
then...

suzannear 08-09-2011 04:39 PM

Is there anyone else here from Hot Springs, Arkansas..or close in the vicinity...sometimes need sewing buddy...

I live in HS Village. Where do you teach quilting. I am looking for someplace to learn. Thanks