Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Housework (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/housework-t107109.html)

gal288 03-12-2011 01:44 PM

I thought there was no profanity allowed on the board! Shame on you, cleaning, cooking & laundry are forbidden words in my home, I wish.

After. 35 yrs, my DH has learned when i am in the mode, it' s every man for himself....
Cleaning has become easier now that the kids are out. A quick go over in the am, & a seasonal major clleaning,,, & i' m ok with it

So much to do & so little time, & if my house isn't a showplace, but clean, that's good enough.

qnana 03-12-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
hire a house cleaner...best 40 bucks ever spent :thumbup:
David

Ditto, David.
I try to neaten up just before I go to bed, and clean up messes that happen, but finding joy in your life everyday is the most important thing you can do...and quilting surely equals joy! :!:

Zebra2 03-12-2011 01:57 PM

Only invite other quilters into your house. Quilters understand. :)

charmpacksplus 03-12-2011 02:10 PM

I wait until the urge to quilt has passed, then I do the housework :D

bj 03-12-2011 02:59 PM

Housekeeper! I treated myself to one about 10 years ago and I don't intend to give them up! When my husband starts talking cutting corners he knows don't even go THERE. He knows for me to give that up he has to give up something of equal value (cable tv, yard man, second car ?) I love the fact that I don't have to worry about it and can sew without guilt!

nycquilter 03-12-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
hire a house cleaner...best 40 bucks ever spent :thumbup:
David

mine's a tad more but worth every dollar! I would not return to cleaning my own home for anything. After all, if god wanted me to cook and clean, these hands would be aluminum!

pocoellie 03-12-2011 03:26 PM

Why clean, it'll just get dirty again. LOL I only do the bare minimum and since my leg is in a cast, even the minimum isn't getting done. At least there's something good that's come out of having this cast on. LOL

darlin121 03-12-2011 03:31 PM

Quilting forever, Housework whenever!
I love it!

LivelyLady 03-12-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by kem77
My uncle keeps telling me at 80.Ashes to ashes dust to dust. We will all be there some day so don't worry it is like not disturbing your neighbors. Keep on Quilting it will be enjoyed longer. :lol: :thumbup:

Perfect :thumbup: My grandmother use to say, "If you're coming to see me, come anytime......but if you're coming to see my house make an appointment :D

hperttula123 03-12-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Quilting is more important that housework!!!!

Lol...it's either be creative or clean. Life is full of choices. I flip flop. Sometimes I don't care if there is a little bit of a mess and other times...I can't stand it and I have to clean it up. Depend on what mood I'm in.