Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How to add “ blush” to snowman’s cheeks? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-add-%93-blush%94-snowman%92s-cheeks-t307765.html)

jillmc 10-31-2019 12:44 PM

How to add “ blush” to snowman’s cheeks?

I am working on a cute snowman quilt, and I would like to add a bit of color to his cheeks....any suggestions?
The piece probably won’t be laundered...it is a wallhanging. Thanks!

tranum 10-31-2019 12:58 PM

I use my own blush on snowmen. It works fine.

Claire123 10-31-2019 02:18 PM

Practice on another piece of fabric first. Try different craft supplies, such as paint. I know it can be done, but I have not personally done it.

Tish05 10-31-2019 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can colour it with crayola wax crayons, but you'll need white to go under the pink you choose, to blend them together and get just the right colour. You colour with white, add the pink on top, then iron it with paper towel between the fabric and the iron to melt and take the extra wax out of the fabric. It will make it a little bit stiff, but that shouldn't matter for a wall quilt. I've attached a picture of a series of cats that I'm colouring. The pink striped front of the cat on the left is an example of what I'm talking about. It is both the same pink crayon, but with white under every other stripe.

jillmc 10-31-2019 04:01 PM

Your cats are adorable! And you have reminded me of a technique I used on a few projects years ago....I am sure I have those crayons somewhere!
Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Originally Posted by Tish05 (Post 8321123)
You can colour it with crayola wax crayons, but you'll need white to go under the pink you choose, to blend them together and get just the right colour. You colour with white, add the pink on top, then iron it with paper towel between the fabric and the iron to melt and take the extra wax out of the fabric. It will make it a little bit stiff, but that shouldn't matter for a wall quilt. I've attached a picture of a series of cats that I'm colouring. The pink striped front of the cat on the left is an example of what I'm talking about. It is both the same pink crayon, but with white under every other stripe.

nativetexan 10-31-2019 04:06 PM

I used some of my own facial blush/powder for a doll i made. worked well.

Jan in VA 11-01-2019 08:28 AM

Let blush be your "blush"!

Jordan 11-01-2019 08:57 AM

I just use my own personal blush when I want a little color on the cheeks - or possibly you could put cut out circles of felt on the cheek area and sew it down.

Pudge 11-01-2019 09:19 AM

There's a great posting in the Resource section of the Board that explains how to use crayons in quilting.

Jingle 11-01-2019 12:47 PM

My Daughter used regular human blush, bought in cosmetics section. She put it on some rabbits and other items I made years ago. They were not to be washed.