Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How could I have been so stupid!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-could-i-have-been-so-stupid-t149757.html)

catmcclure 09-03-2011 07:19 AM

In the 1980's the bankruptcy court in Houston was overrun with files. A notice was sent to the lawfirm where I worked to please send copies of all filings in all bankruptcy cases. The reason: Someone at the courthouse had stacked a lot of case files on top of a wastebasket. The cleaning crew had tossed them.

materialgrl 09-03-2011 07:23 AM

Please go to Sams club or something similar and buy CLEAR bags,my friend is a longarmer,and we searched for HOURS for this quilt,she just Knew it had gotten thrown out.We did find it ,but it was pretty intense,so I bought her some clear bags ,an they lasted for a long time as there is a terrific amount in them for not much money.

LadyElisabeth 09-03-2011 07:26 AM

No, not stupid, now you're human, like the rest of us. but one never knows what kind of an adventure that quilt top is on.

JudeWill 09-03-2011 07:26 AM

I can only imagine how sick you must feel. So sorry. Pray it turns up.

lenette 09-03-2011 07:45 AM

We got back from a week at a convention and had put all our dirty clothes
into black garbage bags. Had people here at the house watching the kids, and we just put the bags in the laundry room. Turned out the house sitters put them out for the garbage to pick up the next day. Didn't realize it till the next afternoon when I was ready to wash them. Lost all our custom made clothes! And the best we had. Took me a while to recover from that.

dottiej 09-03-2011 07:56 AM

once I had 2 woolen thick blankets that I watched being made in canada,,brownish back with lime green front...beautiful and expensive treasures..put them in black plastic bag for basement storage..Husband came along and saw bag took it to curb for garbage man.....never forgot that lesson..d

IrishNY 09-03-2011 07:58 AM

So sorry to hear it and hoping it turns up too.

I once asked my son to empty my garbage bag that is in my sewing room where I throw the little scraps and threads as I sew. Didn't think any more of it but when I looked for the bag of fabric for my next project, it wasn't to be found. Yep you guessed it. A hundred dollars of fabric or more, perfectly matched for colors, gone. Arrggh.

So I kind of know how you feel but I'm sure it's even worse with a pieced top. :cry:

carolynjo 09-03-2011 08:10 AM

I have heard of that many times. Next time, put a quilt in a designated pillow case with your name and address on it, so if anything does happen to it, someone might be honest enough to call you. Worst case scenario: try to ransom it. Good luck finding it.

Margie 09-03-2011 08:13 AM

OH MY, soooo sorry. I can only imagine how bad you feel. Praying you find it.

EagarBeez 09-03-2011 08:30 AM

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I will pray that you find it.
An episode happened to me one time. I was taking care of an elderly woman. I had taken her to the doctor for her appt. When leaving I put my purse on top of the car to help her in. I drove off and purse fell off. My heart was racing.. my driver license, credit cards, checkbook all in the purse. I was starting to contact people, when I recieved a phone call. This man found my purse, everything in tack, nothing missing. He happened to be extremly religious. I offered him a tip and he declined. He said I am glad I could get this back to you and appologised for having to even go in my purse to find a phone nbr.